CREDE CREDE CREDE

NCsoxfan

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Mar 2, 2008 -> 04:28 PM)
Sign Crede to a $5 million contract instead of nontendering him. See if he can play during spring training. If he can, trade him for garbage maybe even throw in some money, or just pay him the $5 million to sit down.

Yeah that makes sense.

The White Sox refuse to pay over slot in the draft. Would they risk $5.1 million in order to acquire a couple of C prospects?

The Sox value older minor leaguers over younger ones. They don't draft worth a s*** anyway, and seem to do a much better job of aquiring minor leaguers than drafting them. It totally makes sense that they would use Crede to target minor leaguers to rebuild their system, or spin off into the next major leaguer that Kenny trades for.

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Mar 3, 2008 -> 02:22 AM)
If that were to happen I'd rather have Fields DH, Konerko at 1B and Crede at 3B.

That makes more sense to me, but there isn't anything to say they can't all htree move around from their best psoitions and take turns at DH. You don't want to take Crede out of his spot at 3B and try him at 1B though. Fields would have abetter chance at this point in his careeer to handle 1B. Crede is agold glover at 3B.

I am in suspense of the next position that people will move Fields to in an order to keep Joe Crede. I think catcher will be next. I wonder the amount of teeth nashing that will happen when reality sets in and Boras takes Crede to the bank.

I should buy the domain savejoecrede.com. Lots of money to be made on this one.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Mar 2, 2008 -> 10:02 PM)
I am in suspense of the next position that people will move Fields to in an order to keep Joe Crede. I think catcher will be next. I wonder the amount of teeth nashing that will happen when reality sets in and Boras takes Crede to the bank.

I should buy the domain savejoecrede.com. Lots of money to be made on this one.

Nah, we will either hear about how cheap the Sox are, or how we should have traded Crede for ARod while we had the chance.

QUOTE(knightni @ Mar 2, 2008 -> 10:41 PM)
Jeff Kent was a 2b who went to 3b and then to 1b, then back to 2b.

It's been done.

2b is a lot easier than 3b imo.

Okay, poof he is our 2nd baseman. Who is manning 3rd base after this year. Thats the issue at hand.

QUOTE(knightni @ Mar 2, 2008 -> 11:18 PM)
He can move back over to 3b and Ramirez can be the 2b.

I'll back you up on this. His 3b skills aren't going to dissapear over the course of a season, especially if he gets a few games in at 3rd every now and then. Uribe played 2nd, 3rd, and SS in 2004, mostly playing at 2nd and now, 4 years later he's going back there. It's possible, but I'd say he'd have a better chance at going back to LF before playing 2nd.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Mar 2, 2008 -> 10:53 PM)
Okay, poof he is our 2nd baseman. Who is manning 3rd base after this year. Thats the issue at hand.

I really don't think people here understand that Crede has injury concerns, is in the last year of his contract, and has an agent who has a bad relationship with the White Sox. There's a disconnect with reality here that boggles my mind. It doesn't matter how much we like him, or what crazy schemes we can come up with to keep him on the team. The writing's on the wall -- he gone.

I also don't remember anywhere NEAR the outcry when Frank Thomas left, and that man is a dominant hall of famer, and played with the White Sox for 14 years.

Seriously. What is so good about Crede?

QUOTE(almagest @ Mar 3, 2008 -> 12:31 AM)
I really don't think people here understand that Crede has injury concerns, is in the last year of his contract, and has an agent who has a bad relationship with the White Sox. There's a disconnect with reality here that boggles my mind. It doesn't matter how much we like him, or what crazy schemes we can come up with to keep him on the team. The writing's on the wall -- he gone.

I also don't remember anywhere NEAR the outcry when Frank Thomas left, and that man is a dominant hall of famer, and played with the White Sox for 14 years.

Seriously. What is so good about Crede?

I fully understand.

I'm just saying that Crede and Fields together give this team a better chance to compete than Uribe/Richar/Ramirez and Fields do.

Have Fields play 2b til the trade deadline, then deal Crede if you're out of it and move Fields back to 3b.

You have to be nimble and light footed to play 2B. If not, you are going to be mediocre or worse defensively. To add on to that, Fields isn't that good defensively to begin with, so why would you mess with him when he's finally getting confident at a position?

I just really await the day Crede is traded, because then I can stop seeing all this "trade Josh Fields" crap.

QUOTE(knightni @ Mar 2, 2008 -> 11:56 PM)
More than SS?

There have been a decent amount of larger/taller MIs who did just fine.

Well, you keep bringing up Jeff Kent, but Kent is listed as 30 pounds lighter than Josh Fields at the same height while also being 15 years older.

I just honestly don't think Fields is nimble enough, nor does he have a good enough glove to make a transition to 2B.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Mar 3, 2008 -> 12:15 AM)
Well, you keep bringing up Jeff Kent, but Kent is listed as 30 pounds lighter than Josh Fields at the same height while also being 15 years older.

I just honestly don't think Fields is nimble enough, nor does he have a good enough glove to make a transition to 2B.

Pretty sure the Sox would've considered it already as well. They know what Fields is capable of far better than we do.

MLBTradeRumors.com

Crede to SF for Eugenio Velez?

I'd be all for that... frankly i'd be ok with Correia or Velez

EDIT: scratch that Correia comment - he'd get smoked in the AL

Edited by Reddy

QUOTE(almagest @ Mar 3, 2008 -> 12:33 AM)
Pretty sure the Sox would've considered it already as well. They know what Fields is capable of far better than we do.

Very true. Although I'm somewhat surprised moving Fields to 2nd wasn't talked about more, which means to me Fields is set in stone at playing 3rd base whether it's in Chicago or Charlotte. You'd think he'd be athletic enough to play second considering he was the quarterback at Oklahoma State, but he might not fit the scheme, anyways maybe we shouldn't come after him though, he's a man but he's not 40.