CREDE CREDE CREDE

NCsoxfan

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Joe Crede is healthy KW will try and get MLB talent that can produce this year or an A level non-40 man prospect. Sending Fields to AAA only makes him better and I am not sure why that is viewed as a bad thing here. Crede is an above average fielder and average hitter that if he progresses and plays for a contract is a very real MLB proven asset. If the Sox did not have a shot this year than they should give him away but they do have a shot and a healthy Crede is an asset to that with Fields as a legitimate back-up.

If Joe wants a long term deal I believe the Sox sign him and move Fields especially if he is producing big time at AAA.

What is the benefit of giving Crede away? Fields isn't going to be realeased or traded he will be allowed to be where he should be AAA and be great insurance policy if Joe is not healthy.

Buddy Bell is the minor league coordinator who can spend some time working with Fields which is a great thing as well.

SI.com is reporting that the White Sox are not thrilled about what the Giants are offering

for third baseman Joe Crede. A Giants person conceded, "We badly need bats.'' The Sox

reportedly want Jonathan Sanchez who San Francisco apparently isn't willing to deal. At

this point Crede may not be traded before the beginning of the season which ultimately

hurts Josh Field's fantasy value.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Mar 6, 2008 -> 09:39 AM)
Fields doesn't have anything left to do in AAA. He is well beyond AAA. There is no reason to think in 500 PA's Josh can't hit 30 HR's this season. You don't put that in the minors because Joe Crede has 1 year left on his deal. It's an incredibly short-sided move. Josh should be the front runner for the 1st base job. He is younger, healthier, has a much longer future with the Sox, and in a short time could be a better overall player than Joe, if he isn't already.

If healthy Crede is the better player and should be traded if it nets you something. Younger players are blocked all of the time and Fields may be blocked this year. It is not going to hurt him or the team if Crede is healthy it'd be nice to see what he could do this year but a healthy Crede is better than Fields at this point in time so you do not give Crede away just so Fields can play.

Fields may hit 30 HR and K 160 times this year and make 20 errors

He could do this at AAA this year and next year hit 30 HR K 100 times and make 12 errors while Crede produces for the Sox this year and nets a pick or two next June at worst.

Josh Fields is not a sure thing and Crede is a better player at this time.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Mar 6, 2008 -> 03:16 PM)
It must be that winning attitude and love of the organization :lol:

Whatever, I want a guy who to stay and you want to get rid of him at any cost and I'm the one with the bad attitude. I actually do love the White Sox, but I just don't agree with everything they do.

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Mar 6, 2008 -> 04:58 PM)
If healthy Crede is the better player and should be traded if it nets you something. Younger players are blocked all of the time and Fields may be blocked this year. It is not going to hurt him or the team if Crede is healthy it'd be nice to see what he could do this year but a healthy Crede is better than Fields at this point in time so you do not give Crede away just so Fields can play.

Fields may hit 30 HR and K 160 times this year and make 20 errors

He could do this at AAA this year and next year hit 30 HR K 100 times and make 12 errors while Crede produces for the Sox this year and nets a pick or two next June at worst.

Josh Fields is not a sure thing and Crede is a better player at this time.

Crede missed almost all of last year. Also, you can not assume that just because he's healthy, his skills are 100% what they were before the major surgery. Add that with the long break from baseball activity and Joe is going to hurt this team more than help it for a good portion of the season.

Steve9347

SI.com is reporting that the White Sox are not thrilled about what the Giants are offering

for third baseman Joe Crede. A Giants person conceded, "We badly need bats.'' The Sox

reportedly want Jonathan Sanchez who San Francisco apparently isn't willing to deal. At

this point Crede may not be traded before the beginning of the season which ultimately

hurts Josh Field's fantasy value.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Mar 6, 2008 -> 01:28 PM)
there you go Ace

I might cry... :notworthy :headbang

I know how good that dude can/could be. :)

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE(knightni @ Mar 7, 2008 -> 04:56 AM)
With Lowry out now, the Giants can't trade a pitcher though, unless it's a lower level guy.

I hope they have fun with the crafty Rich Aurrilia manning 3b in 2008 :lolhitting

If the Giants don't want to part ways with one of their starting 5 then sorry we must move on. Good job KW! Let them become even more desperate.. BTW isn't Vazquel out 2-3 months also? Hmm they can use Uribe AND Crede... crank up that offer SF...

QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 6, 2008 -> 10:01 PM)
I'm thankful Lowry got injured now (hopefully he's ok). The surgery he's having is quite nasty, as it requires a s***load of stitches.

It won't be too bad. They basically will just release the compartment tissue around the tendon sheaths to give them more room to move. These are some of the few tendons in the body that have their own synovial sheaths. You're right he will have alot of stitches. He will probably be able to start throwing again in 3-4 weeks. He will need to be careful on how he throws his breaking pitches.

I certainly don't want to dump Crede for a bucket of baseballs nor do I think Fields needs time in the minors. What do you do? How about this...... on average there are six games a week due to travel. We have many lefty starters in our division so lets guestimate 2 per week.

Players involved are Crede, Fields, Konerko, and Thome. 3 with age and injury issues.

3B Crede 4 games Fields 2 per week.

1B Konerko 5-6, if hip sore or rest needed Crede 1 game. (This gets Crede to 5x a week with 1 extra day of rest/therapy.

DH Thome 4 days a week. Lefty starters get Fields (2games)at bats and rest Thome's back. Check out Thomes splits vs lefties the last few years and they are horrible. Fields splits vs lefties are great. This also allows you to pinch hit Thome late vs a righty at a critical point or at minimum screws up the other teams bullpen.(Knowing Thome is healthy and available forces the other manager to save a lefty reliever or repeatedly warm him up or at least worry about him) On days Thome starts, Fields, Crede or Konerko would be able to pinch hit depending on the situation. With players like Owens, Richar, possibly starting (or sub days with Pablo )a thumper to pinch hit would be advantagous. This would get Fields to 4 full games a week with PH appearances as well. This may not be perfect but also allows us to either get value for Crede, establish value and trade near deadline, or keep and rest vets.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Mar 6, 2008 -> 03:59 PM)
Whatever, I want a guy who to stay and you want to get rid of him at any cost and I'm the one with the bad attitude. I actually do love the White Sox, but I just don't agree with anything they do.

Yeah, that's about the size of it.