"Who would you rather be?"

QUOTE(3E8 @ Jan 30, 2008 -> 07:47 PM)
Yeah I want to trade my life for someone else's just for the things left behind when they die. For me it's about the experiences, not the legacy. And winning a major tournament can't touch a super bowl championship with a 20-foot pole

Yeah, comparing 1 major championship to a superbowl probably isnt a good comparison. Of course after 10 years when you are in the ESPN booth reminiscing about that title, Tiger will still be winning, and winning, and winning.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(3E8 @ Jan 30, 2008 -> 07:47 PM)
Yeah I want to trade my life for someone else's just for the things left behind when they die. For me it's about the experiences, not the legacy. And winning a major tournament can't touch a super bowl championship with a 20-foot pole

How can you compare a team sport with an individual sport? And don't tell me golf isn't a sport, because I can see this is where this is going.

How would you know winning a super bowl, after you've thrown 5 incterceptions and sucked ass (just throwing out a hypothetical) and your defense wins you the game compare to winning as an individual over the best in the world at what you do, is better?

Well, Brady isn't Dilfur or anything; he didn't get carried through the Bowl or career. In all fairness.

I am excited to see this provoke such interesting response and passion, even if I disagree with the majority. I'm surpirsed more and more with how often I agree with Soxbadger these days.

Tiger Woods without a doubt.... Not just because of money either. Golf is an individual sport so all the glory is on you plus if its a popularity contest football is nothing outside of USA. I prefer the world sports though... love golf and tennis.... well baseball is first love but after that.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jan 30, 2008 -> 10:30 PM)
How can you compare a team sport with an individual sport? And don't tell me golf isn't a sport, because I can see this is where this is going.

How would you know winning a super bowl, after you've thrown 5 incterceptions and sucked ass (just throwing out a hypothetical) and your defense wins you the game compare to winning as an individual over the best in the world at what you do, is better?

Tom Brady has a track record of excelling in the postseason just like Tiger is great in major tournaments. 3-0 in the Super Bowl, 2 Super Bowl MVPs. If they win on Sunday he will be tied for leading his team to the championship as much as anyone ever has, with great potential to win another. He has like a .900 winning percentage in the playoffs.

And it's quite easy for me to compare team vs. individual sports. I've had great individual accomplishments in athletics but it doesn't compare to the feeling as when your team wins something great.

Who's Tom Brady?

Google search results

Tom Brady - 728,000

Tiger Woods - 18,200,000

I pick Tiger, plus I don't think Tom Brady is all that great at football. He looks unstoppable this year because of his receivers, but I never felt the Patriots won their first couple super bowls because of him. He benefits from a well rounded team.

While Tiger gets all the credit for what he has done and is projected to do.

Not to mention, Tom Brady does not have billion dollar potential, he is stuck being a millionaire.

Tiger Woods and it's not close.

He makes golf interesting. I never watched it before he came along and I'm sure the same can be said for many, many others. The guy transcended a sport! By the way, he'll earn more money, he'll be healthier, and he'll play the game he loves much longer than will Brady.

QUOTE(rackemup @ Feb 1, 2008 -> 02:45 PM)
Who's Tom Brady?

Google search results

Tom Brady - 728,000

Tiger Woods - 18,200,000

I pick Tiger, plus I don't think Tom Brady is all that great at football. He looks unstoppable this year because of his receivers, but I never felt the Patriots won their first couple super bowls because of him. He benefits from a well rounded team.

While Tiger gets all the credit for what he has done and is projected to do.

Not to mention, Tom Brady does not have billion dollar potential, he is stuck being a millionaire.

You wouldn't be referring to the well rounded team that cost them a trip to the Super Bowl last year, would you?

reche_caldwell_insane_1_1.jpg

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Feb 3, 2008 -> 03:58 PM)
Almost no interest in the game. Probably have it on in the background while I do other things - so I can watch the commercials.

Took this from another thread. This has been kind of said here, but the majority of people I talk to don't give a damn about this year's Super Bowl. The Super Bowl! It almost seems like most people are watching it out of obligation.

People go out of their way to watch a golf tournament, because Tiger Woods is playing.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Feb 3, 2008 -> 04:01 PM)
Took this from another thread. This has been kind of said here, but the majority of people I talk to don't give a damn about this year's Super Bowl. The Super Bowl! It almost seems like most people are watching it out of obligation.

People go out of their way to watch a golf tournament, because Tiger Woods is playing.

Must be because you are surrounded by Colts fans

Patriots-Giants was most-watched Super Bowl ever