"Who would you rather be?"

ESPN ran a poll of the nation asking Who would you rather be? Tiger Woods or Tom Brady?

Woods whomped Brady.

I, for one, can't understand it, and it has little to do with a Patriot bias. I just don't understand why people would rather be a Golfer -- even if the dude is the Picasso of Golf -- than a man with three Super Bowl rings, about to enter another, with the touchdown record just finished. Maybe I have a bias against Golf, as I imagine Woods would beat just about any athlete in this contest except Michael Jordan. Why? Because he's really good at Golf?

Who would you rather be? Tiger Woods or Tom Seaver? Tiger Woods or Peyton Manning? Tiger Woods or...Lebron James? Tiger Woods or Greg Maddux? Tiger Woods or Wayne Gretzky?

I just don't get it. And I don't think I ever will.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jan 28, 2008 -> 11:31 PM)
ESPN ran a poll of the nation asking Who would you rather be? Tiger Woods or Tom Brady?

Woods whomped Brady.

I, for one, can't understand it, and it has little to do with a Patriot bias. I just don't understand why people would rather be a Golfer -- even if the dude is the Picasso of Golf -- than a man with three Super Bowl rings, about to enter another, with the touchdown record just finished. Maybe I have a bias against Golf, as I imagine Woods would beat just about any athlete in this contest except Michael Jordan. Why? Because he's really good at Golf?

Who would you rather be? Tiger Woods or Tom Seaver? Tiger Woods or Peyton Manning? Tiger Woods or...Lebron James? Tiger Woods or Greg Maddux? Tiger Woods or Wayne Gretzky?

I just don't get it. And I don't think I ever will.

Tiger Woods bank account>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Tom Brady's

Both have ridiculously hot women so that wouldn't come into play. Might be more glory in football but golf is in many ways more challenging sport and being great at it could be more rewarding.

Lets see... and I'll make it brief...

I would make more $$$, be more of an idol to kids ("I wanna be like Tiger Woods" - esp. to young african-american children) more endorsements/foundations, everyone knows me, (even people I've been around don't know who the hell Brady is) be mixed in race, (Tiger has a hellova mixture) face more exposed, (w/o a helmet) don't play a sport that can hurt me in the short and long run of my life, am better looking, (well.. IMO, and in a hetero way) have a hot wife and a beautiful kid. Not too mention, I will probably break every golfing record imanginable (Brady better tell Favre and P. Manning to retire, or learn how to play RB, DE, WR, LB to break "every" football record) have a cooler name, and is also a consistant champion, except does it "by himself."

Can I go on?

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jan 29, 2008 -> 01:16 AM)
I can't think of anyone other than Jordan or Babe Ruth who I think could beat Woods in such a poll.

Muhammad Ali. Novak Djokovic.

Either way, call me when the Tom Brady NFL Football 2000-whatever video game comes out...

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jan 29, 2008 -> 02:14 AM)
Muhammad Ali. Novak Djokovic.

Either way, call me when the Tom Brady NFL Football 2000-whatever video game comes out...

I thought about Ali but I don't think he would beat Woods in such a competition. Partly because Woods is do damn popular, partly because Ali had a lot of people upset with him when he refused to go to Vietnam. Jordan's the candidate to beat Eisenhower!

shipps has it right. Brady will be done by 40. Woods, won't ever be done. Look at Arnold Palmer or Jack Nicklaus...even if they aren't at the top of their game, they still get exemptions to play. And people watch them...because even if they aren't averaging 72's, they are still beating the pants off of most casual golfers out there.... Tiger can play and people will want to watch him FOREVER.

Brady will only be noticed during the football season when he is interviewed.

Let's put it another way...would you rather go see Arnold Palmer play a round of golf in the Masters or Joe Montana in an Old Timers football game?

QUOTE(CanOfCorn @ Jan 29, 2008 -> 11:32 AM)
shipps has it right. Brady will be done by 40. Woods, won't ever be done. Look at Arnold Palmer or Jack Nicklaus...even if they aren't at the top of their game, they still get exemptions to play. And people watch them...because even if they aren't averaging 72's, they are still beating the pants off of most casual golfers out there.... Tiger can play and people will want to watch him FOREVER.

Brady will only be noticed during the football season when he is interviewed.

Let's put it another way...would you rather go see Arnold Palmer play a round of golf in the Masters or Joe Montana in an Old Timers football game?

Depends who else is in the old timers football game. I was going to say Tom Brady at first, but a lot of you brought up great points on Woods so I changed my mind. Good job guys.

QUOTE(knightni @ Jan 29, 2008 -> 03:06 AM)
David Beckham.

While I'm not a fan of his orange, anorexic, fake chesty wife, being Beckham this year would have been pretty easy.

Watch some soccer games, occasionally play around 10 or 15 minutes of one, collect checks.

Not too shabby.

QUOTE(Pants Rowland @ Jan 29, 2008 -> 12:40 PM)
Woods, but only because those other two guys are dead. That would suck. Unless of course you believe in the Elysium Fields. Then I would rather be dead.

It's not even in the same ballpark for me. I'd take being Tiger Woods on one of his "bad" years over being Tom Brady on his best. NO CONTEST!!!!!!!!

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jan 29, 2008 -> 12:16 AM)
I can't think of anyone other than Jordan or Babe Ruth who I think could beat Woods in such a poll.

Still rather be Woods. Your job is considered a leisure activity for god sakes!!!!!!!! People dont take basketball vacations. The longevity in your profession is ridiculous, and when you get too old to compete, we put you with other old farts and continue to give you the money. ON top of that his hot wife, his baby in wedlock, and you have yourself a winner folks.