2008 pro football Hall of Fame finalists

Derrick Thomas needs to get in. Hopefully it is this year. I dont know exactly where bu he ranks pretty high up there in career sacks. he also made a bunch of pro bowls and holds a ton of KC records (plus NFL single game record). He was one of, if not the most, feared linebacker in the league for a good 6-7 seasons. He's one of my favorite players of all time but bias aside, i think he deserves to be in the HoF. If you were asked to name some of the best defensive players of the 90s how would his name not enter your mind?

QUOTE(ChiSox_Sonix @ Jan 31, 2008 -> 11:44 AM)
Derrick Thomas needs to get in. Hopefully it is this year. I dont know exactly where bu he ranks pretty high up there in career sacks. he also made a bunch of pro bowls and holds a ton of KC records (plus NFL single game record). He was one of, if not the most, feared linebacker in the league for a good 6-7 seasons. He's one of my favorite players of all time but bias aside, i think he deserves to be in the HoF. If you were asked to name some of the best defensive players of the 90s how would his name not enter your mind?

Exactly, he was my favorite player, basically because we share the same first name and initials. Needless to say it was a very sad day on February 8th, 2000 when he passed away. I think this year might be his best shot to get in.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Jan 31, 2008 -> 12:47 PM)
Exactly, he was my favorite player, basically because we share the same first name and initials. Needless to say it was a very sad day on February 8th, 2000 when he passed away. I think this year might be his best shot to get in.

I remember i was coming home from basketball practice as a junior in high school when i heard this and i almost cried. It was almost a surreal feeling.

Anyways, after doing a bit of research i found the following about DT:

-9 pro bowls (all straight and to open his career, andi wonder if that has ever been matched? - the to start a career part)

-11th all time in sacks; only 14 sacks away from top 5 so that is likely where he would have ended up.

-3 career safeties (only 2 people with more, many with 3 however)

-NFL single game record of 7 sacks; also had a game with 6 - one of only 2 people to have 6

- 3 Time All-Pro

-1989 Defensive RoY

-1990's NFL All-Decade Team

-45 career forced fumbles (NFL Record)

-19 opponents FR (record is 29) (fun side fact: warren moon has record of fumbles recovered with 56)

Those look like HoF credentials to me