2008 White Sox Catch-All Thread

Heads22

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could care less how much it costs, who the agent is, or what other excuse. I want the best prospect on the board when we select at number 8. I dont want to see a head scratcher, or a project, or a grinder type. I want a superstar. We have no 2nd round pick because of our class A free agent signing.

Also do not sign Cabrera, off him arbitration so you can get the comp picks. And again, spend whatever money. Take the money you would waste on scrubs, and Uribe types and get some talent in our system.

So... how useless is Pablo Ozuna? Let's see:

Can't hit... check.

Can't field... check. (But by golly he can suck at multiple spots on the field! Versatility, baby!)

Can't run anymore... check. (I'm exaggerating a bit here, but when one of your top claim is that your fast... well, Pablo's below-average for a 'speedy' player).

It sucks, too, because the Sox have at least three players (Bourg, Getz and Owens -- if only for the fact that he's actually fast) who'd be better suited for the bench than Ozuna.

QUOTE (CWSGuy406 @ May 4, 2008 -> 08:20 PM)
So... how useless is Pablo Ozuna? Let's see:

Can't hit... check.

Can't field... check. (But by golly he can suck at multiple spots on the field! Versatility, baby!)

Can't run anymore... check. (I'm exaggerating a bit here, but when one of your top claim is that your fast... well, Pablo's below-average for a 'speedy' player).

It sucks, too, because the Sox have at least three players (Bourg, Getz and Owens -- if only for the fact that he's actually fast) who'd be better suited for the bench than Ozuna.

The biggest issue with him is he's not horrible vs LHP, but we keep playing him against RHP. Nothing like knowing your personnel!

QUOTE (fathom @ May 4, 2008 -> 02:21 PM)
The biggest issue with him is he's not horrible vs LHP, but we keep playing him against RHP. Nothing like knowing your personnel!

ORLY?

He's hit .242/.270/.348 against LHP since July 1st '06 -- 22 months of sustained suckitude.

QUOTE (Gene Honda Civic @ May 6, 2008 -> 10:07 PM)
ORLY?

He's hit .242/.270/.348 against LHP since July 1st '06 -- 22 months of sustained suckitude.

Compared to RHP, I assume those numbers are much better?

I didn't know how to do a poll, so I didn't start a new thread asking what everybody thought our record would be on this upcoming road trip. It scares the s*** out of me. The Angels are flat out good. Seattle and the Giants stink. Best case scenario: Somehow win 2 of 3 versus both Seattle and SF and lose 3 of 4 to LA. That would be a 5-5 trip.

Worse case scenario: Lose 2 of 3 to both Seattle and SF and all four to Angels. That'd be 2-8 and coming home to play Cleveland we'd pretty much be buried just as we were last year early on.

I will be optimistic and say we'll go 4-6. Any predictions?

QUOTE (tommy @ May 9, 2008 -> 10:39 PM)
Quick question?

What is White Sox pitching rotation order? Same from opening day ?

Vazquez

Floyd

Buehrle

Danks

Contreras

or

Floyd

Buehrle

Danks

Contreras

Vazquez

or

Buehrle

Danks

Contreras

Vazquez

Floyd

or

Danks

Contreras

Vazquez

Floyd

Buehrle

or

Contreras

Vazquez

Floyd

Buehrle

Danks

QUOTE (Whitewashed in '05 @ May 8, 2008 -> 11:26 PM)
Is there video anywhere of Buehrle going nuts on the space heater? I missed it...

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ May 10, 2008 -> 06:06 PM)
I want to see that too

I bet you could buy the game on mlb.tv.