2008 White Sox Catch-All Thread

Heads22

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

great, another lefty pitching against us tomorrow, when will the madness end?

edit: i hope he doesn't make our hitters look foolish, his stats are very bad, he had a WHIP last year of about 1.6, and he's off to a really bad start this year (9.2 IP, 7.45 ERA, 1.84 WHIP, 3 HR, 7BB, 8K)

this should be the exact type of pitcher we need to face with contreras on the mound, to have a chance

Edited by joesaiditstrue

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Apr 16, 2008 -> 01:11 AM)

edit: i hope he doesn't make our hitters look foolish, his stats are very bad, he had a WHIP last year of about 1.6, and he's off to a really bad start this year (9.2 IP, 7.45 ERA, 1.84 WHIP, 3 HR, 7BB, 8K)

this should be the exact type of pitcher we need to face with contreras on the mound, to have a chance

Loewen's stats aren't good, but he's no slouch. He has control problems, but he's a good strikeout pitcher, so on those days when he finds the strike zone he's a tough matchup. Hopefully the Sox can be patient and let him pitch himself out of the game.

My dad went to yesterdays game and had the scout seats behind home plate.He said they were great and it is a must do.Are those seats season ticket only or can you buy them at the box office?

QUOTE (shipps @ Apr 16, 2008 -> 08:47 AM)
My dad went to yesterdays game and had the scout seats behind home plate.He said they were great and it is a must do.Are those seats season ticket only or can you buy them at the box office?

They are season only. But, look on Stub Hub, or even in the ticket exchange on this site, and you can sometimes get lucky.

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Apr 15, 2008 -> 11:11 PM)

So far, we are 4-2 against lefties. Let's how this plays out before we assume the '08 are as bad against lefties as the '07 Sox were.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Apr 16, 2008 -> 10:01 AM)
Our ticket rep has told us you buy single game tickets for the scout and Jim Beam Club. However, I'm not sure if they are made available to the general public, so it's not much difference, but just an FWIW.

That's interesting, I hadn't heard that from our rep. I might have to check into it. Thanks.

I was over in the Diamond Club reading the thread on the Royals, and there was the trivia question about Floyd Bannister's birthplace. Curious, I looked it up on Wikipedia. Turns out Bannister is in the list of Top 100 Strikeouts of all time (#99). And who is #81???? Javier Vazquez (actually, the list is not updated...Javy is now #80)

Javy has 23 K's this season. If he once again gets near 200 K's this season, he has a chance to move all the way up to around to 60th of all time. Of course, there are a few active guys ahead of him: Andy Pettite, Kenny Rogers, Tom Gordon, Hideo Nomo (wow).

Anyway, that's my random stat of the day.

Here is the current list. Baseball-Reference.com rocks.

QUOTE (smalls2598 @ Apr 17, 2008 -> 09:59 AM)
I was over in the Diamond Club reading the thread on the Royals, and there was the trivia question about Floyd Bannister's birthplace. Curious, I looked it up on Wikipedia. Turns out Bannister is in the list of Top 100 Strikeouts of all time (#99). And who is #81???? Javier Vazquez (actually, the list is not updated...Javy is now #80)

Javy has 23 K's this season. If he once again gets near 200 K's this season, he has a chance to move all the way up to around to 60th of all time. Of course, there are a few active guys ahead of him: Andy Pettite, Kenny Rogers, Tom Gordon, Hideo Nomo (wow).

Anyway, that's my random stat of the day.

Here is the current list. Baseball-Reference.com rocks.

Javy is also the youngest active in the top 100. Pretty impressive.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Apr 17, 2008 -> 11:21 PM)
I was laughed at today for saying I think Uribe is a better fielding SS than Cabrera. Am I crazy?

cabrera probably has better range because he's smaller and quicker, but uribe's arm at short is 2nd to none IMO

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Apr 18, 2008 -> 09:52 AM)
I have a question about the Cell. I can't find a detailed (row-by-row) seating chart for the Cell. My friend was offered 4 tickets for Section 146 Row AA. Where's that row at?

I would assume it's 27 rows up from the bottom of that section.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Apr 18, 2008 -> 10:52 AM)
I have a question about the Cell. I can't find a detailed (row-by-row) seating chart for the Cell. My friend was offered 4 tickets for Section 146 Row AA. Where's that row at?

believe that is the first row. For some of those sections, it goes AA, BB, CC, 1, 2, 3, etc

Not positive though