2008 White Sox Catch-All Thread

Heads22

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My girlfriend's son had surgery on his shoulder a couple of weeks ago. The doctor that performed the surgery was the son of an ex-Sox and ex-Oriole. The doctor's name is Dr. Don Buford, Jr. That name should ring a bell with some of you old-timers, like me.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ May 13, 2008 -> 10:16 AM)
What is wrong with the article? I believe Downey is a Sox backer and the Trib is a whole lot more pro-Sox than the times and their writers seem to be 50/50 with Rogers and Sullivan heavily backing the cub.

He seemed right on the money, just read this board.

the trib hired a terrible writer to be their sox guy

kind of like Foxnews making Colmes their liberal dude

Edited by Princess Dye

so we have the hard part: pitching

what bats will become available? we ideally could fix some of our problems via trade....

i mean, last night aside, i think they need to judge Thome's next 200 atbats and then decide if they want to stop him from getting the option for next year. move swisher to 1b (or DH) and look at getting some kind of small ball CF in here.

Edited by Princess Dye

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ May 16, 2008 -> 04:49 PM)
Swisher will be on Rome is Burning in about 2 minutes.

JR: "So, uh Nick m'man, why are sucking so bad around .200?"

NS: "I'm sorry, what?"

JR: "Yeahhh, so we'll just start calling you 'Ass Swisher' til you turn it around."

NS: "That's just ridiculous and offensive. I bet you won't say it again."

JR: "Okay...I bet I will. ASS!"

/Swisher goes over the table and punches Rome into next week.

QUOTE (knightni @ May 16, 2008 -> 04:33 PM)

JR: "Yeahhh, so we'll just start calling you 'Ass Swisher' til you turn it around."

Phe-nomenal. In-credible. Ri-diculous. Pre-nuptuals. Count-choculaaaaa. Un-stoppable. Re-markable. A-rugula.

QUOTE (knightni @ May 16, 2008 -> 03:33 PM)

I still remember that with Everett on the old ESPN2 show. Hilarious.

Duncan was born in Chicago, Illinois and grew up in a single-parent household with his sister, Judy, and mother, Jean Duncan (a house cleaner), after his father left.[1][2] He always wanted to act, but had to drop out of the Communications program at Alcorn State University to support his family when his mother became ill. Duncan's large frame — 6 feet 5 inches and 325 lbs[3] — helped him in his jobs digging ditches for the People's Gas Company and being a bouncer at different Chicago clubs. In 1979 he participated in the Infamous Disco Demolition Night at Comiskey Park, home of the Chicago White Sox: he was among the first 100 people to run onto the field and he slid into third base. He also had a silver belt buckle stolen during the ensuing riot[4] and apparently stole one of Bill Melton's bats from the dugout.[5] Through working at the clubs, he was able to get a security job and ended up in Los Angeles.

Anybody else know this about Michael Clark Duncan? I saw it on wikipedia and thought it was interesting.

Is it me...or is it ironic that after years of hearing people say that Joe Crede should get the Gold Glove but every year Eric Chavez would get it...now that chavez is hurt and hasn't played yet this year...Joe is having probably his worst defensive year ever????

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ May 16, 2008 -> 11:54 PM)
Anybody else know this about Michael Clark Duncan? I saw it on wikipedia and thought it was interesting.

Never knew that, pretty cool though.

What I do know is that he's got a sexy voice for the narration of the '05 WS DVD.

QUOTE (juddling @ May 16, 2008 -> 10:55 PM)
Is it me...or is it ironic that after years of hearing people say that Joe Crede should get the Gold Glove but every year Eric Chavez would get it...now that chavez is hurt and hasn't played yet this year...Joe is having probably his worst defensive year ever????

I was thinking that as well after Joe's last f*ckup.

QUOTE (juddling @ May 16, 2008 -> 11:55 PM)

So much to say, so little motivation to say it.

That type of road trip can really define a team.

Wow, 7-3? That is damn impressive.

Splitting with a WS contender and winning two other series including a sweep of the Barry-less Giants.

Not bad at all.

Great trip. Can they keep it going at home and emerge as serious WS contender?

Or do the M's and Giants suck so bad we learned nothing?

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 18, 2008 -> 10:57 PM)
That type of road trip can really define a team.

Wow, 7-3? That is damn impressive.

Splitting with a WS contender and winning two other series including a sweep of the Barry-less Giants.

Not bad at all.

Great trip. Can they keep it going at home and emerge as serious WS contender?

Or do the M's and Giants suck so bad we learned nothing?

Well, you gotta handle the teams you're supposed to.

we've now eclipsed the "Mighty" tigers in Runs Scored on the year with 200 vs 192

and also LOL @ us only playing 16 total home games so far vs 27 away games, who made this bulls*** schedule? we're the only team in the american league with less than 19 games played at home (CHW: 9-7(16), TOR: 10-9(19))

BS if you ask me

anybody know why we don't play boston more than twice a year? and it isn't just this year, this is like every year, the last time we played them more than two series (home once/away once) was in 2000, and 2003

probably not a particular reason for it, just found it curious