Food Thread

Texsox

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Feb 7, 2008 -> 06:13 PM)
So any tips on any unlikely foods that are really good protein sources?

For example a typical day of food for me would be a breakfast of cereal, a bagel before I get to work (with nothing in it), a lunch consisting probably of some sort of foccacia / sandwich (it'll most likely have chicken in it), an apple / chocolate bar in the afternoon, some potato chips when I get home from work, dinner would probably be a Steak / Chicken / Fish with potatoes, carrots, beans, celery, lettuce and broccoli and Dessert would probably be some Ice - Cream or an Orange.

(Waits for the you need to eat more posts..........). :lol:

Beer!

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Feb 8, 2008 -> 10:12 AM)
Beer!

Whilst I agree beer is and should be the the natural answer to every human need, it is of course a very poor source of protein.

Now, the discarded brewery yeast on the other hand would be a fine source of protein. But DBHAO has already voiced his aversion to Vegemite which is the quintessential brewery yeast byproduct intended for human consumption.

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Feb 6, 2008 -> 04:30 PM)
Its actually Jaffa Bagels, I always confuse it with Haifa Cafe because that place gives out a million fliers.

And Union Station also has a sandwich place that has some interesting things, but the drinks are pre-made and in ice so its kind of watered down.

And Lou Mitchell's is good,its a nice place for breakfast.

One of the best of the healthier lunchtime options in the loop. You gotta watch your sandwichista, though. They sometimes go light on the toppings you ask for, especially the mustard. The falafel is a nice side to get with the turkey. Definitely better than Haifa. Taza next to Perry's on Franklin is also nice for middle eastern food.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Feb 8, 2008 -> 09:39 AM)
Whilst I agree beer is and should be the the natural answer to every human need, it is of course a very poor source of protein.

Now, the discarded brewery yeast on the other hand would be a fine source of protein. But DBHAO has already voiced his aversion to Vegemite which is the quintessential brewery yeast byproduct intended for human consumption.

Well regardless, we do know for a fact that beer is an excellent source of weight gain :lol:

My parents just sent me a shipment of Waygu Sliders from Dean and DeLuca. I'm going to eat well tonight, but I may want to make out my will.

If you hear a loud noise like a creaky trunk slamming shut coming from the north, don't worry. That'll be my arteries slamming shut.

Yum.

• 3 weeks later...
QUOTE(SnB @ Mar 4, 2008 -> 10:09 AM)
Really craving a portillo's burger, like hardcore.

And yes, I realize its 10 in the morning.

Dude, I had one Saturday and it was the bomb. I never had one from there before...I always get a beef when I go there, but I had a craving for a burger and it's definitely up their with some of the best I've had.

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Mar 4, 2008 -> 11:02 AM)
Dude, I had one Saturday and it was the bomb. I never had one from there before...I always get a beef when I go there, but I had a craving for a burger and it's definitely up their with some of the best I've had.

the burger is my staple there. They char it and it's a bit overdone, which I LOVE, in any meat really.

But portillo's does everything great, even their salads.

QUOTE(Pale Hose Jon @ Mar 5, 2008 -> 11:27 AM)
I just ate my first Fontanos sub and it was amazing. Who knew that a sub sandwich could taste so good.

Just head out to a Dibellas (not in Chicago I believe) or Alpine and you'll wish you could live off of those sammiches.

QUOTE(Pale Hose Jon @ Mar 5, 2008 -> 10:27 AM)
I just ate my first Fontanos sub and it was amazing. Who knew that a sub sandwich could taste so good.

They closed the one right across from my store a few years back. It was a sad day. The Italian beef from there was most excellent.