Food Thread

Texsox

Has anyone ever had haggis?I always thought of it to be something that completly disgusting,and it might be,but I seen a "food travels" show last night and they had some that looked really good.I think its banned here in the states though,they were in Scotland.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(shipps @ Mar 7, 2008 -> 10:32 AM)
Has anyone ever had haggis?I always thought of it to be something that completly disgusting,and it might be,but I seen a "food travels" show last night and they had some that looked really good.I think its banned here in the states though,they were in Scotland.

The making of it is not banned.

I believe that the importing it from Scotland is though.

There's a Ireland/British Isles restaurant near me that sells it.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Mar 4, 2008 -> 01:42 PM)
The shamrock shake at MCDs actually makes the trip tolerable.

My daughter is happy that the ShamShake is back.

I always make sure to get one while they're "in season".

I like the orange one that tastes like a Dreamsicle, too. (Can't remember what they call it)

QUOTE(knightni @ Mar 7, 2008 -> 12:44 PM)
The making of it is not banned.

I believe that the importing it from Scotland is though.

There's a Ireland/British Isles restaurant near me that sells it.

I have haggis on a couple of ocassions and I quite like it. Then again, I like organ meat and blood sausages and such more than your average American consumer. matter of fact, I'm looking forward to a big bowl of Vietnamese pho noodle soup with tendon and tripe for dinner tonight. That's some good vittles right there.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Mar 7, 2008 -> 01:01 PM)
My daughter is happy that the ShamShake is back.

I always make sure to get one while they're "in season".

I like the orange one that tastes like a Dreamsicle, too. (Can't remember what they call it)

That is the Arctic Orange shake. Along with the Shamrock Shake, that was the first seasonal shake McDonald's introduced.

Does anybody else remember a good 10 year span when the Shamrock Shakes had no mint flavoring in them and they were just the plain vanilla shakes with green food coloring in them. It's true. They were very dark times indeed. Then again, the fries were a lot better because they were still using animal fat to cook them in.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Mar 7, 2008 -> 12:25 PM)
I have haggis on a couple of ocassions and I quite like it. Then again, I like organ meat and blood sausages and such more than your average American consumer. matter of fact, I'm looking forward to a big bowl of Vietnamese pho noodle soup with tendon and tripe for dinner tonight. That's some good vittles right there.

I felt kinda motivated when you said that you liked haggis, but then you followed that with saying poo soup is mm mm good.Iam probably gonna take a pass on it now. :D

QUOTE(shipps @ Mar 7, 2008 -> 03:43 PM)
I felt kinda motivated when you said that you liked haggis, but then you followed that with saying poo soup is mm mm good.Iam probably gonna take a pass on it now. :D

The brown color means that there's vitamins!

A wonderburger from 111th and Kedzie.

A rootbeer from Frosted Mug in Alsip.

Cheese Fries from Johns Hot dogs at 147th and Pulaski in Midlothian. You need a fork to eat them.

Big Baby(double cheeseburger with onions and more onions) from Nicky's in Alsip.

A Gyro from what used to be King Gyro at 111th across from kmart in Alsip.

A king sized Turkey sub from Mr. Submarine on Western.

A becky thatcher breakfast ( 2 eggs, pancakes, and sausage ) at Huck Finns in Oak Lawn on Cicero.

Nino's sausage pizza in Alsip.

Guinness Beef Tips at Kerry Piper in Willowbrook

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Mar 8, 2008 -> 02:18 AM)

Cheese Fries from Johns Hot dogs at 147th and Pulaski in Midlothian. You need a fork to eat them.

Big Baby(double cheeseburger with onions and more onions) from Nicky's in Alsip.

A becky thatcher breakfast ( 2 eggs, pancakes, and sausage ) at Huck Finns in Oak Lawn on Cicero.

Should I keep EMS on standby? :D

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Mar 8, 2008 -> 01:18 AM)

mmm......southside.

water tower and swap o rama, all alsip is good for........oh and SnB