Soxtalk's Biggest Loser Club

sox4lifeinPA

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Plan on getting my gym membership next week sometime. I have been doing alright w/o it, but obviously it will help. My weight (as I assume everyone elses) fluctuates a lot throughout the day. I was 255 when I woke up this morning, and about 158 just now before I go to sleep. I guess I could put my current weight at 258 then, which means I have lost 1 pound in the past 2 weeks. Woo! lol.

My B-day is June 26th, so it would be nice if I was under 250 by then. That would put me at about 25 pounds in 3 months, which seems pretty decent to me, especially for the fact that I STILL have not changed my diet very much. Still eat junk food and cheeseburgers (less though). I think eliminating my "late night meals" have helped a lot though. I used to stay up until 2-3 AM (like I am now), and then get hungry and go eat some cereal or have a sandwich before bed. Now I just substitute that with a big glass of skim milk, and I think that's helping.

Starting Weight (4/7/10) - 272 LB

Current Weight (5/28/10) - 258 LB

Total Loss: 14 lbs

Edited by JoeCoolMan24

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 30, 2010 -> 06:00 PM)
Free advice from J4L: DO NOT run 90 minutes in 90 degree heat. I literally almost passed out.

Hah, thanks. I keep my running to strictly on the eliptical. :headbang

Going to get my gym membership tomorrow I think. Not sure how often I will go each week though. I work 3 days a week (I'm a college kid, give me a break! hah), and play softball twice a week. I will probably only find myself going 3 times a week or so since I only like to work out at night towards the end of my day, since I take my showers at night. I don't feel like showering at night, working out in the afternoon, showering again, and then showering that night again. So I usually save my working out as my last thing of the day so I can sit around in my own stink for a few hours by myself, and then take a shower and go to bed.

I am an idiot. I have been weighing myself w/o shoes on, like I was when I was back at school.

Current Weight (6/510) - 260.5 LB

Total Loss: 11.5 lbs

Went to the gym for the first time today. I replaced the kettle weights w/ the stair master. Stair master is not worth it methinks. Lost only like 46 calories in 5 minutes, and my legs were killing me. When I do the eliptical, I bang out about 210 calories in 13 minutes.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jun 5, 2010 -> 09:59 PM)
I am an idiot. I have been weighing myself w/o shoes on, like I was when I was back at school.

Current Weight (6/510) - 260.5 LB

Total Loss: 11.5 lbs

Went to the gym for the first time today. I replaced the kettle weights w/ the stair master. Stair master is not worth it methinks. Lost only like 46 calories in 5 minutes, and my legs were killing me. When I do the eliptical, I bang out about 210 calories in 13 minutes.

For the people who know these things better, how accurate are the calorie counts on those sorts of machines?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 5, 2010 -> 09:03 PM)
For the people who know these things better, how accurate are the calorie counts on those sorts of machines?

If you put in your weight and hold onto the heart rate tracker, very accurate.

• 1 month later...

I would like to join this if that is ok? I have been trying to lose weight for the past two months but I have a hard time staying away from fast food. Hopefully writing my weight down will help.

I started at 172 a roughly six weeks ago and am trying to get to 150. I am currently ~163 to 165. I am 5' 7 1/4".

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Jul 21, 2010 -> 09:43 PM)
I started out at 255 and now am down to 228 and I am 5'10... want to get down to 210 or so. P90X and changing my eating habits have helped a ton.

By far the biggest factor. I don't think people realize how much weight you can lose in one calendar year by drinking mainly water instead of pop, beer/alcohol and other sugary drinks. It's ridiculous, I think the average American drinks close to 500 calories worth of liquid per day, that's a huge number you can save, especially when drinks are empty calories. Congrats!

• 2 months later...

Finally got myself back under 200 pounds this week. Think this is the first time I've been there since early in my freshman year of college. By drinking way too damn much and eating too much drunk food I managed to get up close to 230 late last year and I've never been that big before, was pretty awful. Finally got away from Carbondale and changed my eating habits and have been absolutely killing myself working out and finally reached that goal weight of getting under 200 while gaining some of my muscle back. Feels real good, still got some work to do though before I get exactly where I want to be.

QUOTE (greasywheels121 @ Oct 4, 2010 -> 07:26 PM)
Nice job, Justin. What have you have been doing for your workouts?

Now a days I'm up to doing 2 a days for 5 days a week and then just doing some pushups and situps on the weekends. But basically during the week I've been doing weight training and a few mile run in the morning and then running a few more miles at night.

QUOTE (J.Reedfan8 @ Oct 4, 2010 -> 10:25 PM)
My god bro.. I never pictured you as fat. Always thought you were Alex-type anorexic. :lol:

Ha, I was bigger for about 6 months of my life but that was with in the last year. Never been close to Alex level though, not sure that kid has ever eaten a day of his life. Been around 6'3" 205 for most of my adult life.

• 3 weeks later...
QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jul 21, 2010 -> 07:50 PM)
By far the biggest factor. I don't think people realize how much weight you can lose in one calendar year by drinking mainly water instead of pop, beer/alcohol and other sugary drinks. It's ridiculous, I think the average American drinks close to 500 calories worth of liquid per day, that's a huge number you can save, especially when drinks are empty calories. Congrats!

I just went under 210 for the first time in 2 years or so. I never really had a weight problem after I dropped some extra college weight in my early twenties. If I went up a few pounds, I'd just eat a little less/exercise, and the weight would just drip off me. Maintained the same weight for 12-13 years. Once I hit my mid-30s, I found that I couldn't lose weight the same way, and I don't have much time to work out. A month ago, I found a calorie counter website, so I signed up, and in no time dropped 14 lbs. No starvation, no fad die, just paying more attention to portion size and what I'm eating. A little more activity, but I'm a pretty active person anyway.

Like you said, drinks are the biggest problem. I work outside, so it's nothing for me to drink 2 or 3 - 32oz Powerades or Gatorades at work (400-600 calories). That's 25% of my recommended intake right there. I don't eat terribly otherwise, so I knew it was the drinks that were killing me, but not until I started logging the food daily did it take hold.

• 3 weeks later...
QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Oct 3, 2010 -> 11:54 PM)
Finally got myself back under 200 pounds this week. Think this is the first time I've been there since early in my freshman year of college. By drinking way too damn much and eating too much drunk food I managed to get up close to 230 late last year and I've never been that big before, was pretty awful. Finally got away from Carbondale and changed my eating habits and have been absolutely killing myself working out and finally reached that goal weight of getting under 200 while gaining some of my muscle back. Feels real good, still got some work to do though before I get exactly where I want to be.

Down to 187. :)

This thread depresses me. I was down to about 255 before I went away to school. Last time I weighed myself, I was like 268. I will be home in about a week, and I fear I will be around 175, which will be the most I've ever weighed in my life. I hate the lack of healthy campus food at the new school, and my lack of working out, and my new interest in drinking alcohol!

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (Middle Buffalo @ Oct 25, 2010 -> 12:36 PM)
I just went under 210 for the first time in 2 years or so. I never really had a weight problem after I dropped some extra college weight in my early twenties. If I went up a few pounds, I'd just eat a little less/exercise, and the weight would just drip off me. Maintained the same weight for 12-13 years. Once I hit my mid-30s, I found that I couldn't lose weight the same way, and I don't have much time to work out. A month ago, I found a calorie counter website, so I signed up, and in no time dropped 14 lbs. No starvation, no fad die, just paying more attention to portion size and what I'm eating. A little more activity, but I'm a pretty active person anyway.

Like you said, drinks are the biggest problem. I work outside, so it's nothing for me to drink 2 or 3 - 32oz Powerades or Gatorades at work (400-600 calories). That's 25% of my recommended intake right there. I don't eat terribly otherwise, so I knew it was the drinks that were killing me, but not until I started logging the food daily did it take hold.

Down to 200 on Thanksgiving morning. Just counting calories.