I really dislike it when a campaign . . .

Texsox

I really dislike it when a campaign tries tomake the smallest misstep seem like a huge problem. A slip of the tongue, an unpaid bill, a candidate's middle name, a pin on his/her lapel. There are so many big issues, that I can give a rip about what color his socks are or which team he wants to win the Super Bowl.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Feb 8, 2008 -> 10:08 AM)
I really dislike it when a campaign tries tomake the smallest misstep seem like a huge problem. A slip of the tongue, an unpaid bill, a candidate's middle name, a pin on his/her lapel. There are so many big issues, that I can give a rip about what color his socks are or which team he wants to win the Super Bowl.

I really dislike it when a campaign uses mudslinging as their campaign.

i hate it when campaigns base their campaign entirely on meaningless rhetoric to rile up emotions instead of actually dealing with issues. this is why the candidates i support always lose - they're issues candidates.

QUOTE(Reddy @ Feb 8, 2008 -> 04:37 PM)
i hate it when campaigns base their campaign entirely on meaningless rhetoric to rile up emotions instead of actually dealing with issues. this is why the candidates i support always lose - they're issues candidates.

You should be in hog heaven now then, because all of these candidates certainly do have issues.

;)

QUOTE(Reddy @ Feb 8, 2008 -> 04:37 PM)

I'm assuming you're talking about Obama, and IMO this is getting blown all out of proportion, any time I hear a Republican (or sometimes a Hillary supporter) say something like "Obama is shallow and all talk, great speaker and nothing more" or "Obama's supporters probably don't even know what his policies and plans are, they just like hearing him talk" it makes me wonder how much they really know about Obama. Truth be told Obama has voted in lock step with the Dems since he's been elected to the Senate (he's not different from any other Democrat) and on most of the major issues, his stances are either really close or identical to Hillary's. If someone really doesn't know where Obama stands on major political issues by now they have to just be deliberately ignoring him.

QUOTE(lostfan @ Feb 20, 2008 -> 06:45 PM)
BTW I really hate it when a campaign gets desperate and starts attacking the other candidate personally and start getting away from the issues, I also hate the subtle but irrelevant low blows.

so essentially you hate the vast majority of what campaigning is.

QUOTE(Reddy @ Feb 22, 2008 -> 03:38 PM)
so essentially you hate the vast majority of what campaigning is.

That's why so many people like Obama and why so many young people are voting for him in record numbers. For the most part that's not his style.

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Feb 22, 2008 -> 03:54 PM)
haha...yeah I had to laugh at that one as well.

Oh yeah...hey what qualifies as young people?? I'm a young 34 yr old :) I wouldn't vote for Obama if he was the only run running.

Laugh all you want. Just look at the numbers he's pulling in.