All games (home & road) in HD

Steve9347

This got me jazzed when I heard it on the radio today. Supposedly all Sox (and Cubs) games will be in HD this year, whether on WCIU, Comcast Sportsnet, WGN, CSN +. Supposedly the Chicago area is dedicated to delivering all baseball games in the highest quality.

I about creamed when I heard this...

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Feb 8, 2008 -> 09:53 PM)
This got me jazzed when I heard it on the radio today. Supposedly all Sox (and Cubs) games will be in HD this year, whether on WCIU, Comcast Sportsnet, WGN, CSN +. Supposedly the Chicago area is dedicated to delivering all baseball games in the highest quality.

I about creamed when I heard this...

I live in Colorado does anyone know if the WGN superstation will offer HD?

QUOTE(BearSox @ Feb 9, 2008 -> 12:55 AM)
Well, IIRC, WGN Superstation doesn't have an HD channel unless they are adding one.

Well, the games on the Superstation are only shown on WGN/Superstation.

If all games are HD, then logically the Superstation must be getting an HD channel.

Or, they are big, fat, weasel bastages.

I guess I will have to wait and see. I have the HD service will Directv but will not pay the $ for the MLB. Wife says I can only get either the NFL ticket or MLB Extra inngs and I have to go with the Bears cause I can atleast whatch a few SOX games on WGN superstation.

Edited by ParkerBear7

My only problem with DictV is that you have to pay $ for the HD service, $ for the NFL Ticket and than once you are hooked on HD service they make you buy the superfan to get the NFL Ticket in HD. I can not pay the extra $ for the stupid superfan and it pisses me off that you have to pay twice for HD service but since I live out of state their is nothing I can do about it.

Edited by ParkerBear7

QUOTE(ParkerBear7 @ Feb 9, 2008 -> 01:01 AM)
I guess I will have to wait and see. I have the HD service will Directv but will not pay the $ for the MLB. Wife says I can only get either the NFL ticket or MLB Extra inngs and I have to go with the Bears cause I can atleast whatch a few SOX games on WGN superstation.

162 Sox games > 16 Bears games.

QUOTE(ParkerBear7 @ Feb 9, 2008 -> 01:05 AM)
My only problem with DictV is that you have to pay $ for the HD service, $ for the NFL Ticket and than once you are hooked on HD service they make you buy the superfan to get the NFL Ticket in HD. I can not pay the extra $ for the stupid superfan and it pisses me off that you have to pay twice for HD service but since I live out of state their is nothing I can do about it.

the thing that sucks about MLB.tv, is the blackout restrictions

I live in central IL, so we don't have WCIU, or Comcast HD (odd, because we have Comcast down here, and I have the HD Package.)

When a game is broadcast on WCIU, I will not be able to watch it on MLB.tv because it's blacked out. They assume that, because I live in IL, and the game is being broadcast on an Illinois station, that I should be able to watch it, and thus am in the blackout-area.

I bought a one month subscription to MLB.tv a year ago, and this is what happened, so I'm not just blowing smoke up everyone's you know what.

QUOTE(joesaiditstrue @ Feb 9, 2008 -> 02:20 AM)
the thing that sucks about MLB.tv, is the blackout restrictions

I live in central IL, so we don't have WCIU, or Comcast HD (odd, because we have Comcast down here, and I have the HD Package.)

When a game is broadcast on WCIU, I will not be able to watch it on MLB.tv because it's blacked out. They assume that, because I live in IL, and the game is being broadcast on an Illinois station, that I should be able to watch it, and thus am in the blackout-area.

I bought a one month subscription to MLB.tv a year ago, and this is what happened, so I'm not just blowing smoke up everyone's you know what.

The MLB's blackout restrictions are a joke. My father lives in Rockford, IL and can't get an mlb package that allows him to watch the St. Louis Cardinals (his team)... and they are 5.5 f***ing hours away!

MLB refuses to do anything to address the issue either.

Edited by Steve9347

The issues I had were

#1 I was only home in the evenings for like 5-7 games a month. Not worth it to me anyway. (Who wants to watch taped sports?)

And the biiig one.

#2 At the end of my time with them, they had a computer glitch where they were blocking me from all teams in IL, MO, OH, WI and MI. They told me that there was no way to fix it and that in order to watch a Sox game, I had to call them prior to EVERY game and request a special cookie be inserted onto my computer EACH time.

I told them to just forget it after that.

I liked the product itself, though.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Feb 9, 2008 -> 02:25 AM)
The MLB's blackout restrictions are a joke. My father lives in Rockford, IL and can't get an mlb package that allows him to watch the St. Louis Cardinals (his team)... and they are 5.5 f***ing hours away!

MLB refuses to do anything to address the issue either.

hah. try living in cubs/cards country down here (Peoria area). Turn on FOX on a Saturday, to see the Sox game and instead you're stuck with the Cards playing ______ (insert NL team), instead. I've contacted my cable company about this as well, and there's nothign they can do about it apparantly.

I'm pretty sure that the HD WGN Superstation is in the works. I remember reading this on an A/V forum, because my response was, "You don't know how happy it makes me that the rest of the country will finally get to experience Sox games in HD."

I know a lot of providers are adding lots and lots of HD channels. So if it's not available now, or even in the planning stages, I'd be surprised if it didn't happen before long.

If any of you live out of the Chicago area but have relatives there, go with the Slingbox. Once I bought the box and hooked it up at my brothers' place in Countryside, I get all Sox, Bears, everything...the quality could be better, but I'm happy with it for the price (probably less than $100 for the basic model now).

QUOTE(ParkerBear7 @ Feb 9, 2008 -> 03:05 AM)

I dont pay the extra $10 bucks they charge a month, if you have sunday ticket call them and tell them you are not gonna pay that extra fee and your thinking of switching to comcast. They will take that fee off for a year , then you do it again when it runs out. Been doing that for 2 years now with the HD and DVD fee's. Plus got my HD DVD receiver free.

QUOTE(Soxpranos @ Feb 9, 2008 -> 12:37 PM)
I dont pay the extra $10 bucks they charge a month, if you have sunday ticket call them and tell them you are not gonna pay that extra fee and your thinking of switching to comcast. They will take that fee off for a year , then you do it again when it runs out. Been doing that for 2 years now with the HD and DVD fee's. Plus got my HD DVD receiver free.

anytime we threaten to switch to Comcast they pretty much don't care and pretty much say to us, "do it."