Official 2007-08 College Basketball Thread

SIU needs to get into a flow and I mean hit their schedule. 2 games in the last 2 weeks is no way to build momentum or get into a groove.

Let's Bring the Pain against Charlotte and hit the ground running.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm one of the biggest homers there is, but I'm not going to guarantee a title. Now do we have a chance? Certainly. I think if everything comes together by March, which is definitely possible, we could be a very tough team to beat with the depth we will have at the guard position. Now heres to us beating the s*** out of the pussycats this weekend! :headbang

QUOTE(Brian @ Dec 7, 2007 -> 08:46 AM)
SIU needs to get into a flow and I mean hit their schedule. 2 games in the last 2 weeks is no way to build momentum or get into a groove.

Let's Bring the Pain against Charlotte and hit the ground running.

Yup, it starts tomorrow. We're changing a few things up to, which I love. Going back to the 3 guard lineup with Shaw at the 4 where he even admitted that he's more comfortable playing. Looks like the starting lineup for tomorrows game is going to be: Mullins, Bone, Clemmons, Shaw and Randal which is what I've wanted to see the whole season, so I'm very, very happy to see some of these changes. Still, everything is dependent on Bone and Shaw hitting some shots, I also get the feeling that you'll finally see Wood play some significant minutes out there tomorrow.

I got a feeling this team is about ready to turn it around, I think you'll see them play significantly better from now on and it will start tomorrow.

Edited by Rowand44

Fans can't guarantee anything, I never made a "guarantee". I made a prediction. There is a massive discrepancy between the two. When an ESPN analysis says who he thinks will win, he is making a prediction. That is what I did. Anthony Smith mad a guarantee, that is by no means what I did. Only players can make guarantees. Everyone needs to lay the f*** off of me. The only time I even said the word guarantee was when I was referring to my opinion that no matter how the Hoosiers season ends up, it will be better than Illini's season.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Dec 6, 2007 -> 11:41 PM)
Yeah, I'm familar with them. Their 3rd place Anaheim finish got my interest. Probably the best the MAC has to offer again. Kent State may be decent though.

We (miami) get by on confusing the opposition by playing 5 white guys at a time.

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Dec 7, 2007 -> 01:04 PM)
Fans can't guarantee anything, I never made a "guarantee". I made a prediction. There is a massive discrepancy between the two. When an ESPN analysis says who he thinks will win, he is making a prediction. That is what I did. Anthony Smith mad a guarantee, that is by no means what I did. Only players can make guarantees. Everyone needs to lay the f*** off of me. The only time I even said the word guarantee was when I was referring to my opinion that no matter how the Hoosiers season ends up, it will be better than Illini's season.

Really going out on a limb there with the "better than Illinois' season" prediction. Good work.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Dec 7, 2007 -> 04:22 PM)
We (miami) get by on confusing the opposition by playing 5 white guys at a time.

Miami still home to hot girls everywhere?? When I was on campus many years ago, I was amazed at the talent I saw in just two days. Didn't see that much at Evansville in two years.

Bring it on, Bucky! Can't wait, so pumped. Gonna be tough sleeping tonight.

The Badgers are most likely going to execute much better than Marquette will. If Marquette tries to play a half-court game, I'm rather sure Bo will have his way with Crean and Wisconsin will be kings of Wisconsin yet again. I'm hoping for a track meet, as we they don't have the horses to keep up.

Edited by CWSGuy406

QUOTE(whitesoxfan99 @ Dec 8, 2007 -> 12:13 PM)
Mike Davis is going to be a special player for Illinois. I really like this freshman class. Team is playing really well today. If they would have played like this against Maryland they win by 20.

And our awful ft shooting has let Zona in the game. Great

QUOTE(fathom @ Dec 8, 2007 -> 12:55 PM)
Outside of that bad charge call on Randle, Illinois has sure been given a lot of favorable calls. No way you call that flop under the basket in that situation.

Did you watch the first half? The only reason we weren't up double digits was because of the refs. But yes we got some questionable calls in the 2nd half.

Edited by whitesoxfan99