Soxtalk's Biggest Loser Non Member Thread

SoxAce

QUOTE(BearSox @ Feb 8, 2008 -> 07:41 PM)
I wish there was a biggest gainers club cause I really want to gain at least 20 pounds before the summer... (football related)

Why do you have to gain 20 lbs to overrate Joe Flacco and Cedric Benson? I would think you could do that at about any weight.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE(max power @ Feb 24, 2008 -> 04:11 PM)
Is this where they can pick on us tubby guys?

22474.jpg

(really, this should be a picture of the Tubby towel I got at a game earlier this year, or our "It's Tubby Time" student section t-shirts, but alas, no pictures online of either and I'm too lazy to do that myself)

Edited by Felix

QUOTE(Brian @ Feb 24, 2008 -> 09:33 PM)
Max, did your doctor tell you that you could take all those pills? 19 a day? Seems way too much for one day.

Hi Everybody! Way too much? Not at all. As long as the patient's insurance keeps paying for them, a good doctor will keep writing them.

363px-Dr_Nick.png

QUOTE(Brian @ Feb 24, 2008 -> 08:33 PM)
Max, did your doctor tell you that you could take all those pills? 19 a day? Seems way too much for one day.

Yes my doctor years ago recommended daily doses of all of those, which is what I take. Exept the ECA stack, that was my own decision.

QUOTE(max power @ Feb 26, 2008 -> 11:36 AM)
Yes my doctor years ago recommended daily doses of all of those, which is what I take. Exept the ECA stack, that was my own decision.

is that why you look like a Lord of the Rings character in your avatar? :P

QUOTE(BearSox @ Feb 8, 2008 -> 07:41 PM)
I wish there was a biggest gainers club cause I really want to gain at least 20 pounds before the summer... (football related)

If enough people are willing to jump aboard I'd support it. I'm 6'2, about 160. That's no joke either. I could use 20 pounds.

• 3 months later...
QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Feb 26, 2008 -> 09:28 PM)
If enough people are willing to jump aboard I'd support it. I'm 6'2, about 160. That's no joke either. I could use 20 pounds.

dude guys i'm in the same boat. i'm on a high protein/exercise plan right now. let's start this thing. i'm 5'7" (yeah i'm short) and 125 and i'd love to ad like 15 pounds.

Haha, I've completely forgotten about this this.

Reddy, from personal experience, it's impossible to gain weight correctly. That is, avoid unhealthy foods; concentrate entirely on high protein items such as chicken. Too expensive for a college student to keep up with. Especially if you're like me, and need to compensate for a high metabolism.

It was probably two months after my February post where I just thought, what the f***, and decided to continue working out -- but eat whatever I want to. And in large quantities. I had probably gained two/three pounds trying to gain weight the right way; how nutrionists suggest. I haven't eaten entirely junk food (still try to have some semblance of healthiness), but the results are more noticeable. Still gain muscle, but fat as well. Right now I'm about 175.

Even now, five pounds below my goal, I still look fairly skinny. I'm thinking of 190 now.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Jun 19, 2008 -> 04:28 AM)
Haha, I've completely forgotten about this this.

Reddy, from personal experience, it's impossible to gain weight correctly. That is, avoid unhealthy foods; concentrate entirely on high protein items such as chicken. Too expensive for a college student to keep up with. Especially if you're like me, and need to compensate for a high metabolism.

It was probably two months after my February post where I just thought, what the f***, and decided to continue working out -- but eat whatever I want to. And in large quantities. I had probably gained two/three pounds trying to gain weight the right way; how nutrionists suggest. I haven't eaten entirely junk food (still try to have some semblance of healthiness), but the results are more noticeable. Still gain muscle, but fat as well. Right now I'm about 175.

Even now, five pounds below my goal, I still look fairly skinny. I'm thinking of 190 now.

well thanks for ruining my dreams. haha yeah i've got that pesky high metabolism thing too. though my version of the 'right way' right now just consists of me eating 2600 calories of whatever i want (high protein though) and working out every day. hopefully that works? lol...

• 2 months later...

So I must have officially hit middle age, because I have started to cut back a little bit. I figured out that I have been averaging about 1000 calories a day in just fluids, mostly Coke. I have been making a real effort to cut that number back. So far, so good. I am not looking to do much, maybe 20 pounds tops.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 25, 2008 -> 08:16 AM)
So I must have officially hit middle age, because I have started to cut back a little bit. I figured out that I have been averaging about 1000 calories a day in just fluids, mostly Coke. I have been making a real effort to cut that number back. So far, so good. I am not looking to do much, maybe 20 pounds tops.

H2O is your friend! Keep diet sodas to a minimum and stick with mostly water.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 27, 2008 -> 08:01 AM)
That will be easy, I can't STAND diet pop. I have switched to Gatorade and water mostly.

I drink so many ounces of fluids, but I'm close to averaging 100 oz of water a day now. I used to drink almost a gallon of milk a day, but now it takes me 3 days or so to drink a gallon. The 100 oz water idea has really helped.

• 2 weeks later...