Jericho

Rex Hudler

For starters, those that have Universal HD can catch up on the 1st season starting Saturday night at 9:00. They are showing a Jericho marathon that runs through 7:00pm on Sunday. (central time)

The Return begins Tuesday night at 9:00 on CBS. Seven episodes were all filmed and completed before the writer's strike so it will not be affected whatever happens with the writers.

For those that did not watch the first season, I recommend you do so. The series is about the US being hit with nuclear bombs and how a small town in Kansas copes with being cut off from the outside world, not knowing who they were at war with or how anything happend. They get information bit by bit and learn there are other towns that have set up trading posts and are figuring out how to survive. Crime becomes rampant. They give you a bit more information each week to help you try and put the puzzle on what happened together, but they do a great job of leaving you hanging, wanting more the next week.

The characters and story lines are excellent and it was one of the better dramas of last year.

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Feb 9, 2008 -> 04:04 AM)
For starters, those that have Universal HD can catch up on the 1st season starting Saturday night at 9:00. They are showing a Jericho marathon that runs through 7:00pm on Sunday. (central time)

The Return begins Tuesday night at 9:00 on CBS. Seven episodes were all filmed and completed before the writer's strike so it will not be affected whatever happens with the writers.

For those that did not watch the first season, I recommend you do so. The series is about the US being hit with nuclear bombs and how a small town in Kansas copes with being cut off from the outside world, not knowing who they were at war with or how anything happend. They get information bit by bit and learn there are other towns that have set up trading posts and are figuring out how to survive. Crime becomes rampant. They give you a bit more information each week to help you try and put the puzzle on what happened together, but they do a great job of leaving you hanging, wanting more the next week.

The characters and story lines are excellent and it was one of the better dramas of last year.

Me and the Mrs started checking this show out about a month ago... bit by bit, we've been watching the first season. We're about 2/3rds through it now. Overall, I think it's a pretty great show. There are at times some "groan" moments where the plot points are a little hard to swallow (did he/she really have to SAY what everyone was thinking just to advance the plot?) , but as the show rolls on they're definitely getting better and better at telling the story.

The problem I have is that after watching Lost, which must have an insane budget, visually, every other "drama" seems "made for tv-ish".

In the end, watch Jericho, because it's a cool story and post-apocolyptic worlds > stupid-ethereal island whose inhabitants make me want scream.

Good episode tonight. I wondered what direction they would take it. It actually gives them several more story lines to follow, which may be tough with only 7 episodes. I wonder how they ended it. I'd hate for there to be no closure after these seven episodes, but if they get enough viewers, I'd love to see another season too.

• 2 weeks later...

Jason, I think you and I are the only ones that watch. Which is sad, because this season has surpassed all of my expectations so far. I figured they would drag out another few episodes and end it. I am not holding my breath, but I'd love to see another season ordered.

Does anyone know where to check to see what kind of ratings it has gotten this year?

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Mar 5, 2008 -> 08:39 PM)
Jason, I think you and I are the only ones that watch. Which is sad, because this season has surpassed all of my expectations so far. I figured they would drag out another few episodes and end it. I am not holding my breath, but I'd love to see another season ordered.

Does anyone know where to check to see what kind of ratings it has gotten this year?

I'm a huge fan of the show. Unfortunately the ratings have not been very strong so I would say just enjoy the next 3 episodes because that is likely all we are going to get. It actually lost to a rerun of Law and Order this week in its time slot.

I'm not going to lie, I've enjoyed this season more than last one and I didn't know that it was possible. The thing is, I fear they will not even be able to close things in the last couple episodes.

I'm hoping with the writers strike they end up just picking up a full season to finish it (since pilot seasons won't happen) and than it can at least get a good send off.

Last night's episode was terrific. I can't wait to see how they wrap in the next two episodes. By the way from what I've read it sounds like the final episode of this season was shot with two endings. If CBS decides to pick the show back up it will end with a cliffhanger. If CBS decides not to renew than the series will be wrapped up.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan99 @ Mar 12, 2008 -> 01:52 AM)
By the way from what I've read it sounds like the final episode of this season was shot with two endings. If CBS decides to pick the show back up it will end with a cliffhanger. If CBS decides not to renew than the series will be wrapped up.

Really? Well, that is a nice way to do it. At least it is respectful of its audience.

Thats cool. These episodes have been absolutely fantastic. It is really going to suck if they don't pick it up for one more season. Given the writers strike maybe the show gets on last hurrah. Based on the ratings it probably won't though, but I'm really curious how they could possibly close the show out so quickly (they have so many ways they could go based on the current episodes).

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Mar 16, 2008 -> 01:45 AM)
Agreed. Two more episodes is NOT enough.

Both you and I have been pimping this series for quite awhile, and it's obvious unless these next two episodes tie up loose ends quickly, some issues may be left open in the event the show is picked up again.

What I do love about Jericho, and perhaps it's because producers know the show might not last, is how quickly everything moves. It's not like anything is needlessly dragged out. Another example of the shows appeal is what has happened to conclude the last two episodes. It's just isn't what you expect from network television. Many episodes had me feeling that way. Hell, how many plotlines on TV involve the disintegration of social order in the United States because of a cordinated terrorist attack which kills millions? Characters are killed and plotlines arise which you wouldn't expect from the usual feel-good formula.

Part of me would love this show to continue onwards, but another is thinking if this show is ending, these next two episodes will be amazing. Don't have to wait 6 months for another season. That's the selfish part of me. And I'm sure I'll regret it when CBS replaces Jericho with some CSI spinoff.

Edited by Flash Tizzle