Books

shipps

Iam about to start Mitch Alboms "For one more day".I know,I know... alot of people dont like him but I did enjoy his first novel,Iam a sap sometimes."Tuesdays with Morrie" was just depressing and he completely exploited Morries death which proves his deserving of a flame award.

I want to get this

http://cgi.ebay.com/Chicago-White-Sox-101-...1QQcmdZViewItem

and this

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-BOOK-Good-Night-Ch...7QQcmdZViewItem

To continue the brainwashing of, er I mean, reading to, my kids.

And for me...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Why-Beautiful-People-H...7QQcmdZViewItem

QUOTE(BigEdWalsh @ Feb 12, 2008 -> 05:17 PM)
I picked up a couple of old science fiction paperbacks from the early '60s at a thrift store. I'm reading one right now called 3 From Out There. It's three short stories by Isaac Asimov, Damon Knight and Edmond Hamilton.

i love those things. always great cover art and the rattier the better.

QUOTE(BigEdWalsh @ Feb 12, 2008 -> 11:17 AM)
I picked up a couple of old science fiction paperbacks from the early '60s at a thrift store. I'm reading one right now called 3 From Out There. It's three short stories by Isaac Asimov, Damon Knight and Edmond Hamilton.

Anything by Asimov is a sure fire hit.

QUOTE(CanOfCorn @ Feb 12, 2008 -> 04:17 PM)
Lots of baby books. Well, skimming them because I don't want to know too much...it gets pretty scary.

And shoot, our parents didn't have books and stuff and they did *facial tic* ok.

Keep feeding 'em and it generally works out fine. They are tougher than you. :lol:

This is somewhat embarrassing, but I actually just finished the infamous book written by Neil Strauss- "The Game: Penetrating the Secret Society of Pickup Artists."

A roommate of mine a few years ago had it and was always telling me about it, and I read a few chapters then but never got around to getting into it then. Recently, some friends of mine had just read it and asked me if I had heard of it. I ordered it from Amazon (was too embarrassed to go anywhere and buy it in person :) and read it this past weekend. What an amazingly interesting book! And not even from the side of the interactions with men trying to pick up women, but how this "goal" absolutely took over and ruined some of these men's lives.

Anyone looking for a really light, yet extremely interesting book on interaction between the genders, especially in the singles' scene, I highly recommend it. I found it humorous, ridiculous, and certainly obnoxious, but absolutely fascinating as well.

QUOTE(iamshack @ Feb 12, 2008 -> 10:35 PM)
This is somewhat embarrassing, but I actually just finished the infamous book written by Neil Strauss- "The Game: Penetrating the Secret Society of Pickup Artists."

A roommate of mine a few years ago had it and was always telling me about it, and I read a few chapters then but never got around to getting into it then. Recently, some friends of mine had just read it and asked me if I had heard of it. I ordered it from Amazon (was too embarrassed to go anywhere and buy it in person :) and read it this past weekend. What an amazingly interesting book! And not even from the side of the interactions with men trying to pick up women, but how this "goal" absolutely took over and ruined some of these men's lives.

Anyone looking for a really light, yet extremely interesting book on interaction between the genders, especially in the singles' scene, I highly recommend it. I found it humorous, ridiculous, and certainly obnoxious, but absolutely fascinating as well.

Ladies and gentlemen...the new and improved iamshack:

mystery_292x438.jpg