Books

shipps

I just finished Meat Market by Bruce Feldman (the college football recruiting book). It was fantastic.

Right now I just started The GM by Tom Callahan, which basically tells the life of an NFL GM. Follows around Ernie Accorsi in his last year in the league with the Giants. I'm looking even more forward to finishing it now b/c most of that Super Bowl team was built by Accorsi.

Next up on the list after that will be The Blind Side by Michael Lewis, Jarhead, and Angels and Demons... There's just so much I want to read.

Edited by dasox24

A few books I have read in the past that I would highly recommend- very highly, actually- are the two recent novels about Afghanistan by Khaled Housseini, the Kite Runner and A Thousand Splendid Suns. Both are absolutely brilliant and moving novels about an area of the world that we all could gain something from learning about.

QUOTE(iamshack @ Feb 14, 2008 -> 05:08 AM)
A few books I have read in the past that I would highly recommend- very highly, actually- are the two recent novels about Afghanistan by Khaled Housseini, the Kite Runner and A Thousand Splendid Suns. Both are absolutely brilliant and moving novels about an area of the world that we all could gain something from learning about.

Ahh -- the Kite Runner. Fantastic book.

SPOILER (not really, but someone may care, so... Highlight to see)

The way the rape scene is described is brutal (brutal in that it actually made me cringe). That's not an indictment at all on Housseini -- I almost didn't want to continue reading throuh that scene. That's some good freaking writing.