Rotation question

RedPinStripes

Originally posted by RedPinStripes

Think this is accurate for next year pending what KW does? 

Buehrle

someone KW calls a top pitcher

Garland

Ritchie

WrightRauch. 

Yeah. LOL. It will be interesting to see what this Organization thinks is a top pitcher. Will they try to tell us that an Ismail Valdez is a top pitcher or will JR pony up some cash and surprise all of us with a TOP PITCHER like he surprised us with the signing of, at the time, Albert Belle. I'm gonna lean toward an Ismail Valdez type that this Organization will attempt to pawn off on us fans as the next coming of Cy Young. :(

Buehrle

Garland

Ritchie

WrightRauch.

Great post.

I say it's Mark B (what a talent; i love this guy)

Parque (just kidding)

I shall continue

Mark B

Garland (sure hope he continues on what he's done late in this season)

New veteran who is not ultra expensive (byrd, bere , stottlemyre (yuK on todd)

Wright

Rauch

I hope ritchie is gone forever or at least out of the starting five.

We sure could use another lefty so we could go lefty, righty, righty, lefty, righty.

Should be interesting.

It'd be awesome if Rauch, Garland, Wright and Mark B developed and were awesome for years to come.

They certainly have potential.

What we should do is go out and hire the best pitching coach alive. Seriously. These guys all are ultra young and have talent. Who would'nt want to work with them.

Originally posted by CubKilla
Originally posted by RedPinStripes

Think this is accurate for next year pending what KW does? 

Buehrle

Garland

Ritchie

WrightRauch. 

Yeah. LOL. It will be interesting to see what this Organization thinks is a top pitcher. Will they try to tell us that an Ismail Valdez is a top pitcher or will JR pony up some cash and surprise all of us with a TOP PITCHER like he surprised us with the signing of, at the time, Albert Belle. I'm gonna lean toward an Ismail Valdez type that this Organization will attempt to pawn off on us fans as the next coming of Cy Young. :(

Nothing different. Sox fans just being teased again:(

Guest hotsoxchick1

it scares the hell out of me to see ritchies name on that list.. as much as i was a big backer of his ...the thought of him coming back next year turns my stomache.....:(

Originally posted by hotsoxchick1

it scares the hell out of me to see ritchies name on that list.. as much as i was a big backer of his ...the thought of him coming back next year turns my stomache.....:(

I was always a backer of Ritchie but I really do think he will pitch much better next year.

94 mph fastball, good slider, good curve, solid change. You can't possibly pitch as bad as he did with all that kind of stuff.

This year he gave up on two of his pitches, and hung damn near every slider he threw because he was always having a different release point and that tended to cause him to roll so many pitches.

I would prefer a 2003 rotation without any mention of Ritchie myself. However, I think KW and Ritchie feel they have something to prove for next season. Ritchie wants to prove to Sox fans that he is better than what we saw this season. KW wants to shove it up our ass for all the bashing we've done to him because of this trade. One thing about Ritchie that I respected is that he knew he sucked this year and he admitted it. We had other KW acquisitions that seemed to blame everyone but themselves. Todd didn't. Hats off to him for that at least.

The only bad trades I can think of were the Clayton one and the Ritchie one.

In the case of the Ritchie one it may turn out that it was a Schueler deal or at least a heavily pushed Schueler deal. Of course KW still deserves the fall for that cause he is the gm and invitably the final say is with him.

Originally posted by CubKilla

I would prefer a 2003 rotation without any mention of Ritchie myself. However, I think KW and Ritchie feel they have something to prove for next season. Ritchie wants to prove to Sox fans that he is better than what we saw this season. KW wants to shove it up our ass for all the bashing we've done to him because of this trade. One thing about Ritchie that I respected is that he knew he sucked this year and he admitted it. We had other KW acquisitions that seemed to blame everyone but themselves. Todd didn't. Hats off to him for that at least.   

That's one thing I like about Ritchie. Through this entire year he was always a stand up guy and never made excuses. Maybe to a fault almost because he tried to pitch through pain. I have confidence in him that if he is completely healthy next year, he will do just fine.

Guest hotsoxchick1

jav what im most worried about with ritchie is his confidence level.... after having such high hopes this season and having it turn into s***...i hope he can come back and kill off the mound...but i have my doubts... i love the guy personally.. he was the coolest when i met him and his wife at soxfest.. i had such high hopes for him....one other thing i wonder about is how did we tear up his shoulder so fast??? or was it already on the verge of failing and we didnt know it before the trade??? if not then we definately have to take a good long look at our pitching program.. so many arms have gone down in the past couple of seasons it should send a worry sign to someone dont you think??????

Guest hotsoxchick1

jas come on even you have to admit here.. noone has had the problems we have had in the past two years with pitchers going down.. i mean even to effect it all the way down the system.....i never even knew what the heck a torn labrum was till year before last....none of us did for cryin out loud.... there is a big problem with our pitching program...someone has to take responsibility for it and make the necessary changes.. or we are going to be known as the team who burns out arms.....thats not a reputation i want to carry.....