Ralph Nader running again for President

southsider2k5

it must be nice to just insert yourself into a presidential race whenever you feel like it with no actual chance of winning.

Nader always had a lot of support in the Carbondale area, I always saw his campaign signs around town

QUOTE(GoSox05 @ Feb 25, 2008 -> 09:07 AM)
How dare he run. This attention whore. Dosen't he know that if your not a democrat or republican you are just in it for the fame.

What does he think this is a democracy!

Okay, I'll take the bait. There are other minor candidates in this election, but none of them are going to be interviewed on "Meet the Press". Nader got 2.7% of the popular vote in 2000; I believe he got over 5% in Minnesota. His campaign almost certainly cost Gore Florida and it probably cost Gore New Hampshire as well. So, Go Sox, if you're as progressive as you claim to be you should be putting the Iraq War at the feet of Nader.

In 2004, Nader received .38% of the popular vote nationwide. So why the heck is Tim Russert interviewing him? If we all ignore him, maybe he'll just go away to whatever place he comes from every four years.

QUOTE(Mplssoxfan @ Feb 25, 2008 -> 02:45 PM)
Okay, I'll take the bait. There are other minor candidates in this election, but none of them are going to be interviewed on "Meet the Press". Nader got 2.7% of the popular vote in 2000; I believe he got over 5% in Minnesota. His campaign almost certainly cost Gore Florida and it probably cost Gore New Hampshire as well. So, Go Sox, if you're as progressive as you claim to be you should be putting the Iraq War at the feet of Nader.

In 2004, Nader received .38% of the popular vote nationwide. So why the heck is Tim Russert interviewing him? If we all ignore him, maybe he'll just go away to whatever place he comes from every four years.

First off, Al Gore cost himself that election. He couldn't even carry his home state. Second, to say that the Iraq war is Ralph Nader's fault is the biggest bunch of BS. Democrats had a chance to stop that war and none of them did anything. Most of them voted for it.

So Ralph Nader is on Meet the Press. Is that his fault. He's running for president, who wouldn't want the free press.

If someone has a problem with Ralph Nader's policies than fine, but to say he can't run or discount him running for president is bulls***. This is a democracy and anyone who choses to should be able to run for president.

I am a progressive. I think gay people should be able to get married. I'm against the war in Iraq. I'm against the huge military budget. I would like to see the Repeal of the Taft-Hartley anti-union law. Just some of the things Ralph Nader stands for that democrats do not.

QUOTE(GoSox05 @ Feb 25, 2008 -> 04:09 PM)
I am a progressive. I think gay people should be able to get married. I'm against the war in Iraq. I'm against the huge military budget. I would like to see the Repeal of the Taft-Hartley anti-union law. Just some of the things Ralph Nader stands for that democrats do not.

Democrats are not pro-gay marriage, against the war in Iraq, or (generally) against big defense spending? :huh:

Well damn, they certainly must be against social programs and abortion too?

QUOTE(lostfan @ Feb 25, 2008 -> 07:02 PM)
Democrats are not pro-gay marriage? :huh:

The far left of the Democratic Party is. Kucinich and Gravel were the only 2 candidates for gay marriage.

Now that Gore is not seeking office he has publicly stated that he is for gay marriage.

QUOTE(lostfan @ Feb 25, 2008 -> 07:02 PM)
Democrats are not pro-gay marriage, against the war in Iraq, or (generally) against big defense spending? :huh:

Well damn, they certainly must be against social programs and abortion too?

Both Clinton and Obama are against same sex marriage

Clinton voted for the Iraq war.

I haven't heard Clinton or Obama talk about cuting the insane military budget.

They both are pro-choice.

Edited by GoSox05

QUOTE(GoSox05 @ Feb 26, 2008 -> 10:46 AM)

Although Obama is against "same sex marriage," he also supports equal rights and responsibilities on a federal level for committed same sex couples. Obama supports same sex marriage in every sense but the name.

QUOTE(GoSox05 @ Feb 26, 2008 -> 10:46 AM)

You can nit-pick sarcasm if you want I guess