daa84

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(daa84 @ Feb 27, 2008 -> 02:12 PM)
yeah i know i was just trying to portray that to the others who cant watch it ....i wasnt complaining about pitch selection

I know you understand, but there will be a few mopes later on digging through the boxscore ripping Danks because they think these are real games. I want him for the first few starts to concentrate on the cutter. Then start to mix in his later pitches. He has to learn to pound righties in. Now sure, hitters know he is going to work inside and that he is featuring a new cutter. So they can cheat. In the later starts of spring training you look to see him mix his pitches up and start to progress a bit.

The first 2 weeks of ST are just for fundamentals. Its glorified practice. Then you start to mix game situations more, and concentrate on making pitches, and hitting in situations. Then the last week you want to see them start to gel and get ready for gameplay.

bourgouis quickly Ks, and then cabrera lines out to right

sox haven't beaten rockies in their last 10 ST appearances...not that it matters just a fun fact

thome plunked on a 3-1 pitch..barely nicked his elbow...i think it got the elbow guard...konerko pops up to 2b....

Edited by daa84

I know it's spring training and it doesn't matter and you can't expect anything at all from it...but really...when the other team puts up 2 in the first inning, I would like to have a little something happen in the Sox at bat. Other than Thome getting hit I mean. Ya know? I'm just saying.

QUOTE(Pants Rowland @ Feb 27, 2008 -> 07:26 PM)
It is nice that JO is making it easy to forget Pods. It is like he is still with the team.

2-0 rox 2nd inning danks gives up a polemer to tulowitzki in first

but has 2 k's