Has the Internet taken some fun out of baseball?

Controlled Chaos

QUOTE(JoeBatterz @ Mar 10, 2008 -> 09:05 AM)
Does Rick Morrissey from the Tribune read this board. Sure looks like Controlled Chaos' original post in this thread might have provided some motivation for his article today "Sox may have (computer) chip on their shoulder"

I think his motivation, was more about the BP's prediction being in Sunday's paper. It is possible though he the saw Jenks Heat post ,which I thought was brillant...

In 1999 I believed the Sox had a chance to win because I wanted to. Now Soxtalk and PECOTA has told me my team sucks and may win 50 wins so there is no hope.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(JoeBatterz @ Mar 10, 2008 -> 02:05 PM)
Does Rick Morrissey from the Tribune read this board. Sure looks like Controlled Chaos' original post in this thread might have provided some motivation for his article today "Sox may have (computer) chip on their shoulder"

Nah, the media wrote the same trash last season when PECOTA projected the Sox to go 72-90...

...and the Sox promptly went 72-90 (okay -- to be fair, Pythag had them at 67 wins, so PECOTA was actually optimistic about the Sox).

f***ing computers. Those BP guys need to get their heads out of their spreadsheets.