SoxFan1

supernuke

SoxFanForever

Soxfest

Kalapse

Knightni

MHizzle85

Fattyguy78

Yeah, I threw myself in another league, it happens every year when we're short a player or two. :bang

Anyways, jackie, whenever you're ready...

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When Zoom first approached me about being the commish (this was weeks ago), I balked. I said, Zoom, if I'm a commish, I can't be an asshole any more. Zoom said, No, no, we wouldn't dream of not allowing you to be an asshole, jackie. But, I said, Zoom, none of the commishes in other leagues and years have been assholes. Are you sure I can be an effective asshole commissioner? And Zoom replied, Look at what an asshole you're being right now, jackie. Believe me, we know what an asshole you are. Don't worry about it and shut up. Asshole...

So there you have it.

Details, details...

League id: 162706

League name: Soxtalk II

Password: jackieischamp

And all conveniently arranged at http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/soxtalk2

The draft time is just a placeholder. Let me know what would work for you. I don't want to do it too early, though. Having a season ruined by a spring training injury would be weak.

For now, I just imported the settings from last year. If there are any suggestions, post them in this thread. One thing I won't do is change the settings after the draft, so you should make comments now.

Finally, when you register your team, post your team name in this thread. Let's have a good -- AND ACTIVE!!! -- year.

I registered as The Lincecum Era. Unless hh wants it, of course. :P

Teams:

jackie hayes -- The Lincecum Era

Soxfest -- SS Hitmen

WHarris1 -- WHarris

knightni -- knightni

Kalapse -- Black Ichiro

MHizzle85 -- MHizzle85

ChWRoCk2 -- C-Rock2

SoxFanForever -- Snackbox 2008

hammerhead johnson -- hammerhead

supernuke -- The Supernukers

SoxFan1 -- Swisher Sweets

fattyguy78 -- White Sox Stompers

Edited by jackie hayes

QUOTE(ChWRoCk2 @ Mar 3, 2008 -> 08:01 PM)
Im in, 4th place finish is not an option for me again this year ;)

Oh and Zoom, that list in your first post is 13 people so someone I guess is SOL.

Uh oh...

I wash my hands of this, it was the work of the previous administration.

QUOTE(ChWRoCk2 @ Mar 3, 2008 -> 07:01 PM)
Im in, 4th place finish is not an option for me again this year ;)

Oh and Zoom, that list in your first post is 13 people so someone I guess is SOL.

So it is.

I'm out unless you need me then, I don't really need 4 Soxtalk leagues. :P

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Mar 5, 2008 -> 10:19 PM)
What's up, fellas.

As far as a draft date is concerned, how about March 25th? It's on a Tuesday. Anywhere from 7 to 9 PM works for me.

I'm down.

I'm also down for any time so doesn't matter what its changed to.

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Mar 5, 2008 -> 11:19 PM)
What's up, fellas.

As far as a draft date is concerned, how about March 25th? It's on a Tuesday. Anywhere from 7 to 9 PM works for me.

No good, that's opening day (the A's-Sawks game in Tokyo). It's gotta be before that.

Actually, just checking the league settings...Yahoo is only letting me look at times on the 23rd and before. So the 23rd is the latest it could be.

Edited by jackie hayes

QUOTE(MHizzle85 @ Mar 3, 2008 -> 07:08 PM)
I'm in as my username, could we move it from a Friday night...I couldn't guarantee i'd be able to make it.

Oh...like there's anything more fun to do on a Friday night...pfft...riiiiight...

Iirc, I initially looked at the day before, but I could only pick afternoon times. But now it seems to have later times available. Say we look at Tuesday March 18 - Sunday March 23. What days would WORK? (Not be optimal, work. And as always, I can't promise everyone will be happy.)

Why not a Sunday?

For some of us this could be a viable reason to miss church :ph34r:

Better yet have it later on a Sunday so that I can pray to win this league, not that I need to or anything.

Seriously, what else is there to do on Sundays?

Edited by ChWRoCk2

Personally, I'd love to do it Sunday. But, the only available times are in the morning. (10:45 am Chicago time is the LATEST available time.) Would that be doable for most people?

Edit: I changed the draft time to Sunday morning, 10:45 am Chicago time. We can still discuss this, and the time might change, but I just wanted to grab that slot now.

Edited by jackie hayes

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Mar 6, 2008 -> 12:42 PM)
Personally, I'd love to do it Sunday. But, the only available times are in the morning. (10:45 am Chicago time is the LATEST available time.) Would that be doable for most people?

Edit: I changed the draft time to Sunday morning, 10:45 am Chicago time. We can still discuss this, and the time might change, but I just wanted to grab that slot now.

I could probably be up in time for that, I agree with Kalapse in the later it is on a weekday is fine and Sundays are also great.

QUOTE(ChWRoCk2 @ Mar 6, 2008 -> 05:17 PM)
Seriously, what else is there to do on Sundays?

I hang out with my parents on Sunday. That's probably the worst day other than Friday or Saturday to hold a draft. I have sex on Wednesdays, but I could squeeze in a quick draft right beforehand, but it has to be at around 7.