Singleton Out, Stone In

quickman

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. Any story about the details? Was Singleton fired, or did he quit? He is one of the nicest guys in baseball. I hope he lands on his feet.

On the other hand, we are getting one of the best broadcasters in baseball. Hopefully he will make Ed Farmer listenable again.

QUOTE(Al Lopez's Ghost @ Mar 4, 2008 -> 09:23 AM)
Score reports just now that Singleton is going to Baseball Tonight. Stone doing radio analysis.

That doesn't make me want to watch BBTN. Good move for him. Could mean a TV announcer job later.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Mar 4, 2008 -> 08:36 AM)
Wow. Any story about the details? Was Singleton fired, or did he quit? He is one of the nicest guys in baseball. I hope he lands on his feet.

On the other hand, we are getting one of the best broadcasters in baseball. Hopefully he will make Ed Farmer listenable again.

Merge with the Lopez thread......says Singleton going ot Baseball Tonight. Great move for him.

QUOTE(G&T @ Mar 4, 2008 -> 08:36 AM)
That doesn't make me want to watch BBTN. Good move for him. Could mean a TV announcer job later.

If you ever watched a Fox game of the week, Singleton really did a great job, minus the dead weight that is Ed Farmer. He just really got stuck with a horrible partner. I am glad to hear that Singleton is moving up in the world. He is a nice guy and really deservers it.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Mar 4, 2008 -> 09:44 AM)
If you ever watched a Fox game of the week, Singleton really did a great job, minus the dead weight that is Ed Farmer. He just really got stuck with a horrible partner. I am glad to hear that Singleton is moving up in the world. He is a nice guy and really deservers it.

It's not his analysis that bothers me it's the choppy way he talks. Hopefully he gains confidence and his delivery improves.

Wow, win-win situation all around! Singleton immediately improves BBTN as his analysis and demeanor is much better than Kruk or whomever ESPN rolls in and Steve Stone automatically improves the radio side 1000%! Congrats Chris, welcome aboard Stoney and my fellow White Sox fans, welcome to a professional radio broadcast!

Edited by Allsox