Singleton Out, Stone In

quickman

Stone and I seem to differ in opinion (not that he or anyone else should give a s*** what I think) but his knowledge and insight are second to none. It'll be nice to have an alternative to turn to when I'm forced to mute Hawk.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is great news. I'm a big Stoney fan, and I'm happy he'll be a part of the radio broadcasts.

I really enjoyed it last season when the TV booth was Hawk and Stoney. I'd love to see that again in the near future....

The key question is this: Will there be enough time to get in a word with the always talkative Farmer as his partner?

“Easily,” Stone said with a laugh. “I think I’ll take the same philosophy as I had with Harry (Caray). People asked ‘How did I do it with Harry?’ I’d say ‘I filled in the gaps.’ Having grown up watching Ed pitch, I have the utmost respect for him.”

"Having grown up watching Ed pitch ..." Ha, ha. catch the dig? they've started already. Could be a good pairing.

QUOTE(Shamrock4Life @ Mar 4, 2008 -> 09:21 PM)
wait, xm on the computer now lets you stream MLB games?

and I think Stone and the Sox will work out a long term deal for him here on the South Side.

I actually do not know I got XM at Christmas. I listen to XM on the computer at work but do not know if they blacked out these type of things...........sorry

QUOTE(JohnCangelosi @ Mar 4, 2008 -> 09:45 AM)
I want Hawk and Stone! That was a great combination! Hawk doesn't respect DJ and it shows in the booth.

I liked Singleton just fine but Stone is the cream of the crop. That's awesome.

I'd love him in the booth: with DJ. If you hear DJ when the Hawkeroo isn't there (like once when he did the Sox on a FOX game) he's a totally different person.

But Stoney? Best in the biz. I'm turning off the sound and turning on the radio, bet on it.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Mar 4, 2008 -> 10:00 PM)
Stone and I seem to differ in opinion (not that he or anyone else should give a s*** what I think) but his knowledge and insight are second to none. It'll be nice to have an alternative to turn to when I'm forced to mute Hawk.

If the TV and radio are in sync properly on directv with Sox games like they are for Hawks games, I won't watch a game all year with the TV volume on. Hawk is intolerable, and with Stoney as an alternative, it's an easy choice.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 6, 2008 -> 12:43 AM)
If the TV and radio are in sync properly on directv with Sox games like they are for Hawks games, I won't watch a game all year with the TV volume on. Hawk is intolerable, and with Stoney as an alternative, it's an easy choice.

TV always has a delay from radio, for me anyway. That's what makes it so frustrating to listen to the game on the radio with the TV muted.

QUOTE(Al Lopez's Ghost @ Mar 4, 2008 -> 10:23 AM)
Score reports just now that Singleton is going to Baseball Tonight. Stone doing radio analysis.

Man if baseball Tonight isn't Bad Enough.....