Marty Booker, Brandon Lloyd sign with Bears

QUOTE(shipps @ Mar 5, 2008 -> 10:47 AM)
When did I ever say throw 55 million at Walker?How about draft better and be more strategic in a trade with someone?Angelo is supposed to be a professional at making decisions like these and we wind up with not even a valid number 2 reciever let alone a number 1.I dont know,maybe he will draft a good one this year but history suggests otherwise.

Booker is a solid 2. The season is 6 months away. I am very with the offseason so far.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(shipps @ Mar 5, 2008 -> 09:47 AM)
When did I ever say throw 55 million at Walker?How about draft better and be more strategic in a trade with someone?Angelo is supposed to be a professional at making decisions like these and we wind up with not even a valid number 2 reciever let alone a number 1.I dont know,maybe he will draft a good one this year but history suggests otherwise.

Who drafted Berrian?

QUOTE(rangercal @ Mar 5, 2008 -> 09:01 AM)
Both of you are mistaken. This is a piece to replace Moose Nothing More. Would you rather overpay for Berrian that would put the Bears in Salary Cap Hell for the next 5 seasons? Don't forget , extensions for Tommie Harris and Devin Hester will be coming up. I'd rather not lose those 2 because of stupid spending.

AJ, come on bro. Aren't you a little more concerned with filling the #1 than with filling the #2 at this point? Who's going to be our #1? You don't need to throw $55 mill at Javon Walker to make a good move.

Don't you think our 1st and 4th would net us a Chad Johnson? You have to get Rex a #1 option finally or he's just being set up to fail again. Patch the o-line in rounds 2 and 3... maybe trade Urlacher. GET CREATIVE DAMMIT!

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Mar 5, 2008 -> 11:08 AM)
AJ, come on bro. Aren't you a little more concerned with filling the #1 than with filling the #2 at this point? Who's going to be our #1? You don't need to throw $55 mill at Javon Walker to make a good move.

Don't you think our 1st and 4th would net us a Chad Johnson? You have to get Rex a #1 option finally or he's just being set up to fail again. Patch the o-line in rounds 2 and 3... maybe trade Urlacher. GET CREATIVE DAMMIT!

Well steve,

How do you know something is not in the works? I have faith in JA. Draft day is his specialty. I have no doubt, that good things are on the way.

This is how the bears to-do list should look:

2 OL

1 WR

1 Safety ( insurance for Mike Brown)

resign ayanbendejo

They have 7 Picks ( 3-4 who should be instant contributors) and about 17 mil- 5 mil for rookies = 11 mil left in cap space (which should be enough for 2-3 starters)

Right there you see we have the picks and the cap room to bring in 5-7 key contributors.

yestery B&B were talkign the possibility of getting Larry Fitzgerald from Arizona. Reason being, LFs contract is a huge burden on the Cardinals cap and is preventing them from making additional moves to make the team better.

Im not saying this is a strong possibility, but it was a nice little daydream

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Mar 5, 2008 -> 05:01 PM)
yestery B&B were talkign the possibility of getting Larry Fitzgerald from Arizona. Reason being, LFs contract is a huge burden on the Cardinals cap and is preventing them from making additional moves to make the team better.

Im not saying this is a strong possibility, but it was a nice little daydream

i'd love to see this and it would be exactly the type of thing the bear offense needs.

however, this type of move would be bold and creative and i can't say i've ever thought of angelo as either bold or creative.

QUOTE(thedoctor @ Mar 5, 2008 -> 12:04 PM)
i'd love to see this and it would be exactly the type of thing the bear offense needs.

however, this type of move would be bold and creative and i can't say i've ever thought of angelo as either bold or creative.

I thought Booker for Ogunleye was pretty bold and creative

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Mar 5, 2008 -> 06:10 PM)
I thought Booker for Ogunleye was pretty bold and creative

i'd agree with that. however, i tend to think that was more the exception than the rule, although i'd love to be wrong.

QUOTE(knightni @ Mar 5, 2008 -> 12:40 PM)
I've heard that they are lifting the cap in the NFL in a few years because they labor agreement is being dropped.

Ya,I heard more like a couple years.That will make it fun for the big market teams.Will the Bears be considered a big market team?

Fitzgerald is a pipe dream.

You'd have to re-work his contract, and he's asking for the moon currently. Arizona needs to hang onto him.

What was Berrian's contract that he signed with Minnesota FWIW?

Just want to get an idea of how much cap space the Bears have left, and whether they could have re-signed Berrian or not.

Javon Walker there was really not much chance of happening, especially when Al Davis is offering insane money.

I just look at the Bears offense right now, and I struggle to see them scoring a lot of points. The QB spot is iffy at best, the OL needs at least 2 new acquisitions, they need a big time playmaker at WR still, and you don't know if Benson is going to be the guy at RB.

And they have an OC in Ron Turner who Bears fans' seem to love to criticize. Not as much as Shoop though.

Safety is very thin in the draft.

May have to go with Archuleta again, as bad as that is. Shouldn't of traded Harris.

As for the DL, they'll go Dvoracek back. They were at their best when Tank Williams was there, rotating in and out, but unfortunately he couldn't stay out of trouble.

Really, Angelo didn't do a good job in the draft last season. Wasting a 3rd round pick on a 5'7 running back for instance, when he could have chosen a safety, a guard etc.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Mar 5, 2008 -> 04:41 PM)
Safety is very thin in the draft.

May have to go with Archuleta again, as bad as that is. Shouldn't of traded Harris.

As for the DL, they'll go Dvoracek back. They were at their best when Tank Williams was there, rotating in and out, but unfortunately he couldn't stay out of trouble.

Really, Angelo didn't do a good job in the draft last season. Wasting a 3rd round pick on a 5'7 running back for instance, when he could have chosen a safety, a guard etc.

SS -- Tom Zbikowski!!!!! WOOT and yes I think Harris should have stayed too bad he had to blow his Reggie Wayne assignments in the SB

Dusty will be a good add, lets hope he can stay healthy for a season

I was pissed with the Wolfe pick .. that could have been Trent Edwards who I wanted them to get throughout the whole draft with atleast our 2nd rounder .. too bad we end up drafting an OLB(from the same school as Edwards) Owko to replace the guy who we would have no chance of resigning, remember that guy? #55 I think? and then the Bills took Edwards right after we took Owko

anyways the past is in the past .. woot

QUOTE(knightni @ Mar 6, 2008 -> 04:54 PM)
Tank Johnson, DBAH0.

He is a Cowboy, right?

I think I got him confused with the safety Tank Williams.

But hey, at least I got the 1st name right hey? I mean, how many "Tank's" are there in the league? :lol: