*Official* Arch Madness Thread

Here's what we got:

Thursday, March 7

Game 1: Indiana St. (14-15) vs. Wichita St. (11-19), 6:05 p.m.

Game 2: Missouri St. (16-15) vs. Evansville (9-20), 8:35 p.m.

Friday, March 8

Game 3: Drake (25-4) vs. Winner Game 1, 12:05 p.m.

Game 4: Creighton (20-9) vs. Bradley (17-14), 2:35 p.m.

Game 5: Illinois St. (22-8) vs. Winner Game 2, 6:05 p.m.

Game 6: SIU (17-13) vs. Northern Iowa (17-13), 8:35 p.m.

Saturday, March 9

Game 7: Winner Game 3 vs. Winner Game 4, 1:35 p.m.

Game 8: Winner Game 5 vs. Winner Game 6. 4:05 p.m.

Sunday, March 10

Game 9: Winner Game 7 vs. Winner Game 8, 1:05 p.m.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Always a real fun tournament and I'll be there for the 3rd straight year. The 1 seed hasn't won in a decade and don't expect any different this year. If I had to guess right now I'd go with a Bradley-IlSU final with Bradley getting the auto bid.

Obviously I'm hoping to be wrong and would love to see SIU make a run but this team is too ridiculous to do so imo. That being said, GO DAWGS!

I really hope ISU can get the win over mo st. I honestly think that if they dont win that game the selection committe will screw them over. If only we could have hung on instead of pissing away leads in the two drake games. Since the talent of ISU is young, you dont know what team is going to show up. I hope that a strong showing in the tourniment will mean that the mentally tough team shows up for the NCAA's. Cause that is a team that can do some damage.

QUOTE(SoxWS05 @ Mar 5, 2008 -> 12:25 PM)
The way this season has been going, I can see SIU taking it home. Drake will not win, ISU will not beat SIU three times in one year. C'mon dawgs, make it 7 straight!

We got SIU's number this year, hopefully :D

We got SIU's number this year, hopefully :D

ISU has manhandled SIU this year, but SIU also has the experience to win arch madness, something ISU lacks. Plus, it's very difficult to beat any team three times in one year. Hopefully we meet in the semi's find out. Who knows, SIU will probably lose to Evansville first. I think ISU is in no matter what they do this weekend.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 5, 2008 -> 11:07 AM)
Is the "Arch madness" some sort of hilarious, St. Louis based pun?

It has been the name of the MVC Conference tournament since they started playing it in St Louis

On Comcast in Chicago, there is an MVC game listed at 1am. Not sure if it will be the SIU replay or not.

I might have to shelter myself from the outside world until 1:00am to watch that game as if it were live.

What a terrible decision by Bradley to go for 2 there, they deserved what they got in losing just for doing something that stupid alone. Creighton, as usual, looking dangerous in Arch Madness, and in this case, they are desperately trying to get wins as they are firmly on the bubble. I'd say they were done if they lost today, and they'll still have to beat Drake now on Saturday to have any shot at getting in IMO. But yeah, Creighton 74, Bradley 70 is the final.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

Illinois State advances 63-58 over Missouri State...whew. Good to see we can still win on an off night. That might be enough to assure a spot in the tourney but I wouldn't mind winning tomorrow and Sunday just to be sure.

Edited by The Bones