My proposed idea: - Rickey Henderson...

DaTank

QUOTE(jenks45monster @ Mar 10, 2008 -> 07:43 PM)
I mean, why not? Who knows the base paths better than Ricky Henderson? I think the Stolen Base King could do this club some good, IF Cox doesn't work out. Thoughts?

maybe ask him to come back and jump in for contension in center too

QUOTE(flavum @ Mar 10, 2008 -> 08:26 PM)
Two things:

1) His name is Rickey.

2) Where is this coming from? Stealing bases and running the bases are two different things. Ozzie coached with Jeff Cox in Florida, and he knows what he brings to the table.

Oh man, I'm so sorry I spelled his name wrong. I apologize. And it's just a thought. I didn't say "OMG bring Rickey here right away!!!". Just a thought pal. That's why I said if Cox doesn't work out, if. And if he was stealing bases wouldn't he be running them at the same time? You need to know how to run the bases to steal them. This is just a pure speculation thread, you don't need to argue or make statements that he would be a bad coach.

QUOTE(Disco72 @ Mar 10, 2008 -> 08:27 PM)
The guy hasn't even coached a real game for us yet, and we're finding replacements...really?

Guys, see the title. It says MY PROPOSED IDEA. IF and only IF Cox completely sucks, I thought it'd be a nice idea.

Edited by jenks45monster

QUOTE(Jordan4life @ Mar 10, 2008 -> 11:13 PM)
I almost had a heart attack. I saw the first part of the title, "SPECULATION - Rickey Henderson," and thought he was trying to make a comeback as a player. Whew!

I assumed something happened or was in the works with Rickey (not necessarily as a player) when I saw the thread title creeping on the front page, so I changed the title to alleviate more of that.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Mar 11, 2008 -> 12:27 AM)
I assumed something happened or was in the works with Rickey (not necessarily as a player) when I saw the thread title creeping on the front page, so I changed the title to alleviate more of that.

I added the SPECULATION part. The thread was purely speculation, so I put that in.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Mar 11, 2008 -> 01:21 AM)
Actually I'd prefer Rickey to Jerry

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Mar 11, 2008 -> 01:49 AM)
I genuinely believe he could outplay Owens.

Yeah.

They'd both hit a solid .198 and have a .323 OBP.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Mar 11, 2008 -> 12:30 AM)
Not too many people do that. I'm the opposite. Even though I'm left handed I through right handed for some reason.

OK--trivia:

In the last ten years, name a White Sox player (not a pitcher) that throws left and bats right exclusively.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Mar 10, 2008 -> 11:30 PM)
Not too many people do that. I'm the opposite. Even though I'm left handed I through right handed for some reason.

Me too. I think Robin Ventura has something to do with it.

Edited by kjshoe04

Just because you're good at something doesn't mean you're good at teaching others how to do it too. Ted Williams could never teach people how to hit. Henderson has always been so full of himself (with good reason) that I'd be surprised if he'd be an effective teacher, or want to. Don't think coaches pull down big paychecks, either.

Edited by Al Lopez's Ghost