Who is the least talked about Sox player?

knightni

Who never gets talked about?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Less drama, more baseball

• Jim Thome
    • Jermaine Dye
    • Jose Contreras
    • Mark Buehrle
    • Matt Thornton
    • Pablo Ozuna
    • Bobby Jenks
    • Paul Konerko
    • John Danks
    • Some other guy we never talk about

I voted for JD now. He has his two year contract, is locked into a postion, and really has a pretty narrow set of expectations that most people seem to think he will live up to. All of the pitchers have people worrying about them. Even Konerko has been the subject of trade rumors/ideas.

Jim Thome - People talk about how nice a guy he is and some fear injury for him. They also talk a lot about his struggles against LHP.

Jermaine Dye - Not too much talk about him, except once again, some people fear he might get slowed by injury and have an 'off' year.

Jose Contreras - Plenty of talk about how bad he sucks.

Mark Buehrle - Also plenty of talk, but more about how much they like him. He was unofficially voted favorite player I believe.

Matt Thornton - My pick. Kind of looked over. No one expects too much or too little from him this year.

Pablo Ozuna - I suppose the log jam at second brings up a little about him, but there's not too much going on there.

Bobby Jenks - Doesn't get too much attention, as most people here are incredibly negative. Still got talked about a lot last year during the record tying streak

Paul Konerko - Also not too much controversy, so not too much talk. Gets called slow a lot. Rightfully so.

John Danks - The jury is still out on Danks, and the jury likes to blabber on a lot.

That's my take.

I pick Josh Fields. Knightni didnt even mention him in his post and then not even in the poll.

There may be a lot of Crede Fans but everyone talks about him and maybe Fields gets mentioned with him. You dont see much on Fields though

QUOTE(JFields27 @ Mar 13, 2008 -> 06:07 PM)
I pick Josh Fields. Knightni didnt even mention him in his post and then not even in the poll.

There may be a lot of Crede Fans but everyone talks about him and maybe Fields gets mentioned with him. You dont see much on Fields though

I think you're nuts... everyone is ecstatic about having a young power hitter. Of course they talk about him.

QUOTE(max power @ Mar 13, 2008 -> 02:55 PM)
Jermaine Dye - Not too much talk about him, except once again, some people fear he might get slowed by injury and have an 'off' year.

I think I have more bat speed then Dye. He has looked like a rusty gate up at bat for most of last season and throughout what I have seen in the spring so far.

As for least talked about, it's Thornton.

On a side note, Konerko is getting a lot of posts about how some have his bags packed for a trade already.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Mar 13, 2008 -> 09:52 PM)
I think I have more bat speed then Dye. He has looked like a rusty gate up at bat for most of last season and throughout what I have seen in the spring so far.

As for least talked about, it's Thornton.

On a side note, Konerko is getting a lot of posts about how some have his bags packed for a trade already.

lol. Do you swing the same weight bat as he does?