Obama's Pastor

Controlled Chaos

QUOTE(lostfan @ Mar 19, 2008 -> 07:00 PM)
Social classes and education funding is 100% relevant which is why the conversations always gravitate towards it in these types of conversations.

Im not saying they arent relevant, Im just saying that are lots of other issues that are never discussed and thats what I was getting at. Public schools have been discussed in that regard for a long time and we are still at this "stalemate" There are much more important things in this conversation than public schooling because in a sense individuals like us cant control things like that but we can control our thoughts and opinions and thats what needs to be explored more than stuff people have been arguing about for decades.

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(DrunkBomber @ Mar 19, 2008 -> 07:04 PM)
Im not saying they arent relevant, Im just saying that are lots of other issues that are never discussed and thats what I was getting at. Public schools have been discussed in that regard for a long time and we are still at this "stalemate" There are much more important things in this conversation than public schooling because in a sense individuals like us cant control things like that but we can control our thoughts and opinions and thats what needs to be explored more than stuff people have been arguing about for decades.

Where do you think this stuff comes from and is fostered?

QUOTE(DrunkBomber @ Mar 19, 2008 -> 08:04 PM)

I'm not even sure that our personal thoughts and opinions are as much the issue as they were 20, 30, 40 years ago though. I mean of course that's still around, hell you've got idiots at places like www.amren.com spewing nonsensical garbage as always. But as I said a few pages ago the vast majority of white people I've known are genuinely not racist and have no issues with seeing minorities succeed, and I've never personally experienced blatant racism. That couldn't be said in, say, the 1960s.

Talking about it doesn't hurt, though.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Mar 19, 2008 -> 07:07 PM)
Where do you think this stuff comes from and is fostered?

Either way theres nothing I can do about it. I can see why people discuss it as a problem but that isnt going to accomplish anything either. Like I said earlier, this has been an issue for a long time and nothing drastic seems to be happening. If its going to be harped on than it will always create tension. Allocation of funding for schools is set up by the government not by us. I would lump it into the conversation of injustices by the government on people before I would label it a race issue.

QUOTE(DrunkBomber @ Mar 19, 2008 -> 08:16 PM)
Either way theres nothing I can do about it. I can see why people discuss it as a problem but that isnt going to accomplish anything either. Like I said earlier, this has been an issue for a long time and nothing drastic seems to be happening. If its going to be harped on than it will always create tension. Allocation of funding for schools is set up by the government not by us. I would lump it into the conversation of injustices by the government on people before I would label it a race issue.

It's not a race issue though. By itself anyway.

QUOTE(DrunkBomber @ Mar 19, 2008 -> 08:32 PM)
If you wanna just sit here and bash the government Im game for that

Well I do a lot of bashing on privileged rich people, I'm not sure how much that counts though.

QUOTE(DrunkBomber @ Mar 19, 2008 -> 06:26 PM)
The man is surrounded by racists, including his wife, and that reflects upon him no matter how he tries to spin it.

Wow, I'm surprised the rest of the gang let you get away with this one. Michelle Obama is a racist now? And who are these other racists that surround him? I guess you're asserting that Wright is a racist? Any others? Ted Kennedy, Susan Rice, Samantha Power, David Axelrod, Harold Ford Jr?

QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ Mar 20, 2008 -> 01:10 PM)
Wow, I'm surprised the rest of the gang let you get away with this one. Michelle Obama is a racist now? And who are these other racists that surround him? I guess you're asserting that Wright is a racist? Any others? Ted Kennedy, Susan Rice, Samantha Power, David Axelrod, Harold Ford Jr?

I think the posters here are generally smart enough to not bother responding to such ridiculous points. There can be no discussion or dialogue with something like that - its just flaming.

QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ Mar 20, 2008 -> 01:10 PM)

He proudly had the Black Panthers logo on his site until recently. That doesn't help.

QUOTE(Alpha Dog @ Mar 20, 2008 -> 03:30 PM)
He proudly had the Black Panthers logo on his site until recently. That doesn't help.

Are you even kidding? What an ignorant statement.

Edited by BigSqwert

LINK

Apparently, today was a slow news day.

So Fox News evidently decided to pore through our millions of user-created pages on My.BarackObama.com and put a screenshot of inflammatory content on the front page of FoxNews.com.

You see, more than 700,000 people have created accounts on the system. You can create one right now if you choose, in about a minute -- anyone can.

Now, from time to time people get up to no good -- creating fake profiles (like one for Sean Hannity created today), or posting profane or inappropriate content. When they do, the community reports the offending content and if it violates our terms of service it is removed (as the Sean Hannity profile was).

My.BarackObama.com has been at the core of our bottom-up organizing strategy. The tools available have been put to work by a community of supporters that is bigger and more powerful than anything presidential politics has ever seen.

Evidently, Fox News didn't think it was a big deal that hundreds of thousands of ordinary Americans are participating in the democratic process creating groups and local events in communities all across the country.

But they did think it was a big deal that one random person on the Internet, without the knowledge of the Obama campaign, posted a profile in the system with the image of the New Black Panther Party on it.

When we were alerted of the existence of this page, we pulled it down. Yet even after we pulled the page, Fox News continues to disingenuously and prominently feature this "story" on their homepage.

QUOTE(Alpha Dog @ Mar 20, 2008 -> 03:30 PM)

Also, McCain's website proudly displayed the swastika for several days before taking it down.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Mar 20, 2008 -> 03:36 PM)
Also, McCain's website proudly displayed the swastika for several days before taking it down.

Really? McCain proudly announced that the Nazi Party has endorsded his canidacy for the President of the United States? Riiiiight.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Mar 20, 2008 -> 03:31 PM)
Are you even kidding? What an ignorant statement.

I am fully aware of what I said. Do you think they are not a rqacist organization? Or that many, many people who simply by hearing or seeing that name would not reach that same conclusion?

QUOTE(Alpha Dog @ Mar 20, 2008 -> 06:41 PM)
I am fully aware of what I said. Do you think they are not a rqacist organization? Or that many, many people who simply by hearing or seeing that name would not reach that same conclusion?

No. That's not the problem. The problem is that there are something like a million of those endorsement pages on the Obama website, they're open to anyone and anyone can make them. It's not policed and not verified by anyone other than the users of the site. Sean Hannity could have made that site to make Obama look bad. In fact, it turns out, in response to the Black Panther Support, Sean Hannity has come out and said he supports Obama on that page. Pretty remarkable, I never figured Hannity would follow the Black Panthers' lead so directly.

Edited by Balta1701

QUOTE(Alpha Dog @ Mar 20, 2008 -> 08:35 PM)
Really? McCain proudly announced that the Nazi Party has endorsded his canidacy for the President of the United States? Riiiiight.

Of course it makes perfect sense. Even though McCain has never associated with any neo-nazi's he's a Nazi. duh.

Ignore the fact that cats who ACTUALLY knocked the s*** out of Nazi Germany, such as Bush I, support McCain. But hey, they don't count. It's funny that the guys who actually destroyed Germany in the 1940's are now supposed Nazi's. Those bastards. How dare they.

QUOTE(Alpha Dog @ Mar 20, 2008 -> 08:35 PM)

I made that whole thing up just like you spread lies about Obama proudly displaying the support of the Black Panthers. You probably spend your free time forwarding anti-Obama chain emails that explain how he's a radical Islamist being planted in our government.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Mar 20, 2008 -> 08:48 PM)
Yes but what does that have to do with you lying about Obama proudly displaying the Black Panther logo on his site.

Do you think they just casually look at their own site now and then to check up on things, or do they monitor it often? That wasn't something that just got put up there and was removed the next day. it was up there for a while, they knew about it, and removed it about the time of his speech.

Anyone here this from the messiah?

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4s45v_ob...ite-person_news

He utters the phrase 'typical white person'. Oh man, can you imagin if Hillary said something about the 'typical black person'? Oh boy.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Mar 20, 2008 -> 08:53 PM)
I made that whole thing up just like you spread lies about Obama proudly displaying the support of the Black Panthers. You probably spend your free time forwarding anti-Obama chain emails that explain how he's a radical Islamist being planted in our government.

It was up there. Do you dispute that? or are you quibbling with my use of the word 'proudly'? he sure wasn't ashamed of it, at least not until his speech.