Obama's Pastor

Controlled Chaos

QUOTE(Alpha Dog @ Mar 20, 2008 -> 06:54 PM)
Do you think they just casually look at their own site now and then to check up on things, or do they monitor it often? That wasn't something that just got put up there and was removed the next day. it was up there for a while, they knew about it, and removed it about the time of his speech.

Anyone here this from the messiah?

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4s45v_ob...ite-person_news

He utters the phrase 'typical white person'. Oh man, can you imagin if Hillary said something about the 'typical black person'? Oh boy.

You're alleging that they police some 600,000 or so profiles manually every few days?

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Mar 20, 2008 -> 06:58 PM)
Well, this passport thing should knock this story off the press for a while.

Reality should have knocked it off before Fox even put it up. Edit: or, did you mean the Wright story?

Edited by Balta1701

QUOTE(Alpha Dog @ Mar 20, 2008 -> 09:54 PM)
He utters the phrase 'typical white person'.

Are you the type of guy that would flip a s*** if you were a co-worker of mine and I said something about a "white guy" or a "white woman" and make a big deal out of my use of the word "white" and how I was being politically insensitive... or... the type of guy who wonders why the 10% of black students at a majority white school like to hang around each other, and speculate as to why they're being racist by refusing to associate with white people? Or any other number of silly-but-true hypotheticals I've observed. I'm really getting that impression.

QUOTE(lostfan @ Mar 20, 2008 -> 09:01 PM)
Are you the type of guy that would flip a s*** if you were a co-worker of mine and I said something about a "white guy" or a "white woman" and make a big deal out of my use of the word "white" and how I was being politically insensitive... or... the type of guy who wonders why the 10% of black students at a majority white school like to hang around each other, and speculate as to why they're being racist by refusing to associate with white people? Or any other number of silly-but-true hypotheticals I've observed. I'm really getting that impression.

Of course, accuse Alpha of being a racist. Nice retort. But hey, you got nothing else. Go to the well.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 20, 2008 -> 08:59 PM)
Reality should have knocked it off before Fox even put it up. Edit: or, did you mean the Wright story?

I meant that the passport story should knock the Wright story out of the press for a while.

Fox News? Well, that is a different story. The Wright thing is too juicy to leave along. and, well, the passport story reflects negatively on the Bush administration and they lack ability to be critical of this administration.

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Mar 20, 2008 -> 10:03 PM)
Of course, accuse Alpha of being a racist. Nice retort. But hey, you got nothing else. Go to the well.

Reading is fundamental, this is actually not worthy of a response though so I actually don't know why I am wasting keystrokes.

QUOTE(lostfan @ Mar 20, 2008 -> 09:01 PM)

I don't really care what color people are. I have had or do have friends of most races, and will employ anyone who will make me money, regardless of color or race. All you whiny liberal beyoches scream and moan when a white guy says anything that can be considered racist, and I am just pointing out that it goes both way. Change the word white with black, and the race of the person saying it from black to white, and see the media frenzy. When I am hiring someone, I don't see color, I see potential dollar signs. The ability to to the job is all I care about. Same with friends. not the money part, but the I don't care part.

QUOTE(lostfan @ Mar 20, 2008 -> 09:06 PM)
Reading is fundamental, this is actually not worthy of a response though so I actually don't know why I am wasting keystrokes.

lol OK buddy.

you're response is either intellectually dishonest or you are dumb as hell

your pal,

mr_genius

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Mar 20, 2008 -> 10:09 PM)
lol OK buddy.

you're response is either intellectually dishonest or you are dumb as hell

your pal,

mr_genius

I was accusing him of a ridiculous degree of PC-ness not being racist. Please stop the name-calling and try to pretend you matured past 11 years old

Edited by lostfan

QUOTE(lostfan @ Mar 20, 2008 -> 09:10 PM)
I was accusing him of a ridiculous degree of PC-ness. Please stop the name-calling and try to pretend you matured past 11 years old

Dude, your post definitely implied he was a racist. If you want to claim I have the maturity of a 10 year old, thats fine. I can deal with that. :lol:

QUOTE(Alpha Dog @ Mar 20, 2008 -> 08:55 PM)
It was up there. Do you dispute that? or are you quibbling with my use of the word 'proudly'? he sure wasn't ashamed of it, at least not until his speech.

So apparently if I were to change my avatar to a picture of Hitler Soxtalk would be known as "Being proud to support Hitler"?

QUOTE(Alpha Dog @ Mar 20, 2008 -> 10:08 PM)
I don't really care what color people are. I have had or do have friends of most races, and will employ anyone who will make me money, regardless of color or race. All you whiny liberal beyoches scream and moan when a white guy says anything that can be considered racist, and I am just pointing out that it goes both way. Change the word white with black, and the race of the person saying it from black to white, and see the media frenzy. When I am hiring someone, I don't see color, I see potential dollar signs. The ability to to the job is all I care about. Same with friends. not the money part, but the I don't care part.

So you are, in fact, saying that it's fair for people to accuse me of being un-PC (or whatever you want to call it) when I say something like "white guy" or "white girl" (in reference to actual white guys and white girls) because of a double standard that doesn't have anything to do with me? (Note: it's equally as silly for someone to flip out when talking about a "black guy" or "black lady")

QUOTE(lostfan @ Mar 20, 2008 -> 07:10 PM)
I was accusing him of a ridiculous degree of PC-ness not being racist. Please stop the name-calling and try to pretend you matured past 11 years old

Despite the rules being more open here...name calling on either side is not permitted...please keep an eye on the personal attacks, before someone who actually has the power to get annoyed by this statement shows up. This has been a nice thread, it'd be a shame to watch it closed.

Edited by Balta1701

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Mar 20, 2008 -> 10:12 PM)
Dude, your post definitely implied he was a racist.

How? I quoted a comment of his and used other examples of the PC police flipping out over other things, asked him if he thought they were his feelings (and admittedly trying to lead him into saying "no") that are minor and suddenly I am calling him a racist.

Seriously, what the hell are you talking about?

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 20, 2008 -> 10:15 PM)
Despite the rules being more open here...name calling on either side is not permitted...please keep an eye on the personal attacks, before someone who actually has the power to get annoyed by this statement shows up. This has been a nice thread, it'd be a shame to watch it closed.

I'm trying really hard not to.

QUOTE(lostfan @ Mar 20, 2008 -> 09:15 PM)
So you are, in fact, saying that it's fair for people to accuse me of being un-PC (or whatever you want to call it) when I say something like "white guy" or "white girl" (in reference to actual white guys and white girls) because of a double standard that doesn't have anything to do with me? (Note: it's equally as silly for someone to flip out when talking about a "black guy" or "black lady")

If you were running for President, sure. And I will agree with you it is silly to 'flip out'. No where did I flip out. However people flip out over any slight verbal miscue from a white person in power, so I was just pointing it out. You know, to remind you that it happens both ways. To channel my inner lost fan, reading comprehension is a skill. learn it.

QUOTE(lostfan @ Mar 20, 2008 -> 09:18 PM)
How? I quoted a comment of his and used other examples of the PC police flipping out over other things, asked him if he thought they were his feelings (and admittedly trying to lead him into saying "no") that are minor and suddenly I am calling him a racist.

Seriously, what the hell are you talking about?

wow

Ok, I'm done with this. Sorry I said you were either "dishonest or dumb as hell"

but really? REALLY? you don't see how your post made that accusation?

later lostfan, no hard feelings. :gosoxretro:

QUOTE(Alpha Dog @ Mar 20, 2008 -> 10:19 PM)
If you were running for President, sure. And I will agree with you it is silly to 'flip out'. No where did I flip out. However people flip out over any slight verbal miscue from a white person in power, so I was just pointing it out. You know, to remind you that it happens both ways. To channel my inner lost fan, reading comprehension is a skill. learn it.

I didn't say you flipped out, I was trying to make a point... however, after seeing your replies it appears your focus wasn't on Obama saying "typical white guy" as much as it was on the double standard. Which, considering what I was actually trying to point out, I don't really disagree with.

Yeah maybe my reading comprehension does suck, you have the same arguments across several different forums on the internet and they get crossed up in your head sometimes.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 20, 2008 -> 08:57 PM)
You're alleging that they police some 600,000 or so profiles manually every few days?

Try starting your own group page, you will get the message “This group will be published online once it is approved by a site administrator.” So SOMEONE saw it and approved it. (And no, I don't think Obama personally checks every thing on his webiste every day)

QUOTE(Rex Kicka** @ Mar 20, 2008 -> 10:40 PM)
Yellowcard. One more inflammatory post, and this is closed.

What did I do? The second line of my post had the words "you" and "your" in them but it was referring to me.

I'm behaving myself. I think.

Edited by lostfan