SEC tournament

Once again, the referees decide a game. Tennessee is up two with under 5 seconds left, and South Carolina misses a three pointer. On the rebound, Tyler Smith of Tennessee shoves a USC player literally out of bounds. But, instead of Carolina having 2 free throws with about 2 seconds left that could tie it, no call, Tennessee wins. The refs should all be fired nationwide after this season, what a joke. This call might have been the worst and most obvious miss of them all in the past week or so, which is saying a lot.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

Winner of GA/KY will play two games today - the SEC Champ game will still be tomorrow but starting 2 hours later (3pm Eastern).

All games have been moved to Ga Tech, and only family, friends, and school-related officials (plus media, etc) will be allowed into the games. Today's and tomorrow's games will be played in front of a nearly empty arena...

Source: Today's AJC

QUOTE(chimpy2121 @ Mar 15, 2008 -> 01:10 PM)
I have to laugh at that dumbass on Kentucky who got the T when going up and blocking a free throw. That was hilarious.

Yeah, I know. What an idiot. I understand they were trying to get a lane violation, but you have to be aware of the situation and know you can't block a shot like that.

QUOTE(Brian @ Mar 15, 2008 -> 07:27 PM)
Kansas may get a 1 seed if they win tomorrow, with Tennessee going down.

QUOTE(Brian @ Mar 15, 2008 -> 07:28 PM)
Kansas may get a 1 seed if they win tomorrow, with Tennessee going down.

I'll quote you twice :) . The winner of the Texas-KU game should get a 1. Texas will definitely get it if they win, KU could possibly be pushed out even if they win.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 15, 2008 -> 07:14 PM)
Greatest conference tournament ever!

Your not kidding.

Round 1:

South Carolina beat LSU 77-73

Vandy beat Auburn 93-82

Georgia beat Ole Miss 97-95 in OT

Alabama beat Florida 80-69

Quarters:

Tennessee beat South Carolina 89-87

Arkansas beat Vandy 81-75

Mississippi State beat Alabama 69-67 in OT

Georgia beat Kentucky 60-56 in OT

Semis:

Arkansas beat Tennessee 92-91

Georgia beat Mississippi State 64-60

I've never seen anything like that in one conference tournament.

What an amazing run by Georgia. 4 in a row, 3 in 2 days (more like 28 hours or so). Even if they go lose in the first round by 15 and finish 17-17 overall, they have their place in history for making this run in their homestate right after the crazy tornado, and winning as good of a conference tourney as I've ever seen. Major props to the Bulldogs.