Crosstown Showdown in Another State - March 15

Heads22

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Mar 15, 2008 -> 01:33 PM)
I didn't think he was that complimentary. Hawk said what a pleasnt surprise Brian's been. Ozzie said yeah, bout time. We been waiting a long time for this kid. but yeah he's matured and playing well...and something about him playing better when players start passing him up. He making ozzies job hard...or er easy if he keeps playing like this. he has good chance to make the club if he keeps this up.

I don't know..I was hoping for a bit more of an endorsement.

He doesn't deserve an endorsement yet. There's still 2+ weeks or so remaining in March. He has to keep it up. His endorsement comes if he's in CF on opening day.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 15, 2008 -> 02:49 PM)
Ha, Fukudome's arm isn't quite as good as advertised.

He also short-arms the s*** out of the ball.

Bourgeois shows some nice speed tagging to 3rd on Cab's fly ball to LF.

I like Bourgeois.. seems like a good guy to have on the big team in the next year or two, kind of a second coming of pablo.. but hopefully better in the field, though I haven't seen any other games this spring... so I could be wrong/off due to small sample size.. where'd he come from anyway?

QUOTE(PlunketChris @ Mar 15, 2008 -> 02:52 PM)
I like Bourgeois.. seems like a good guy to have on the big team in the next year or two, kind of a second coming of pablo.. but hopefully better in the field, though I haven't seen any other games this spring... so I could be wrong/off due to small sample size.. where'd he come from anyway?

He's not exactly young, so this year is one of his last real shots. But I also like what I see.

QUOTE(PlunketChris @ Mar 15, 2008 -> 03:52 PM)

He was in our system last year. Originally with texas, has been other places too.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Mar 15, 2008 -> 04:17 PM)
Oh, Kenny.

We have depth at every position? How about quality depth?

It's fun listening to him talk, honestly -- but that stood out to me as a you can't be serious moment.

I do give him some credit for saying he was saying some of the same things last year and was wrong.