Johan Santana

RME JICO

Does anyone think that making Johan bat will have an effect on his pitching? I know other pitchers have made the AL to NL transition, but how many were effective after 8 seasons in the AL before changing over?

He will benefit from the easier lineups, but then he will also be pulled sooner to get a PH in there.

Just curious after watching is his last outing.

IMO hitting will have no effect on Johan. He will be the best pitcher in baseball this year with even better numbers due to pitching in the NL and more wins because of the Mets strong offense. If any pitcher is a good candidate to not be pulled early for a pinch hitter, it's Johan Santana, the best pitcher.

QUOTE(knightni @ Mar 17, 2008 -> 11:08 PM)
Did he change his throwing hand?

You don't see lefty-throwing infielders outside of 1b.

Yeah, i dont know what I was thinking when I typed that, he was a centerfielder, not an infielder

QUOTE(Benchwarmerjim @ Mar 16, 2008 -> 06:30 PM)
he seemed pretty good with the bat when he was with Minnesota and they palyed Interleague games. I know, small sample. But some Twins commentors on blogs half joked that Johan should be DHing the days he wasn't pitching instead of having Jason Tyner DH

.258 career average in 30 some ABs. Not bad.

QUOTE(Whitewashed in '05 @ Mar 18, 2008 -> 11:04 AM)
Johan played infield in Venezuela. He tried to imitate his father who was right handed and later found out he was left handed.

Link

That's pretty funny, it's gotta be like "ohhhh well damn no wonder I suck, geez"