Juan Uribe Placed on Waivers

flavum

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 21, 2008 -> 06:50 PM)
And what happens when the Crosstown series roll around and no one has a clue who people are referring to?

so a few people may be confused 3 games out of the year? Big deal. Osuna/Ozuna will keep people busy in the mean time.

QUOTE(Shamrock4Life @ Mar 21, 2008 -> 05:40 PM)
i believe there is really only one type of waiver.

So we have no idea how this discussion of "revocable" vs "irrevocable" waivers started. Since apparently there is no such thing. We have no idea how the media latched on and assumed Uribe was put on "irrevocable" waivers (which does not exist). This then led to the unreasonable general consensus that Williams was going to let Uribe walk away and pay him $4.1 million to do so. There was never the logical question raised, "if Williams was going to let him just go, why wouldn't he at least get $2 or $3 million from some team who could use him," because all of the incorrect, bad, and illogical assumptions stacked on top of each other precluded that from being a possibility. Also precluded was the real thing- he was gaging interest/seeing if he could get someone to pay the whole contract, with no risk, because he could simply pull Uribe back off waivers. Which he did.

If Williams put Uribe on imaginary irrevocable waivers and pays him $4.1 million to go home, I am writing "season tickets" on my TV and kicking it out my window.