Slumming it at the Urinal in the Desert

knightni

QUOTE(RME JICO @ Mar 22, 2008 -> 05:48 PM)
Has a positional player ever made a 25 man roster without registering a hit in ST? Hall is right on track.

You think they have any cause to DL him?

Scar tissue or something...?

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Mar 22, 2008 -> 10:40 PM)
Dont let him tease you, he'll be swinging from his heels in a week.

that may be true.. but you have to give the guy credit, he loses his SS job to Cabrera, doesnt b**** about it. Then he is waived.. but brought back. The dude has gone through a lot this spring but has kept it cool and is having one of the best Springs out of all the Sox players. Maybe a 'scare' to lose a starting job has driven a fire under his booteh. Keep the hitting coming Juan... We could use that come April.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Mar 22, 2008 -> 05:40 PM)
Dont let him tease you, he'll be swinging from his heels in a week.

Well last spring he hit .286 and he hit .313 in 06 in spring training. How did that translate to his season. He hit fine, going the other way. Then the minute the bell rang, he swung for the fences on every pitch.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Mar 22, 2008 -> 05:50 PM)
Oney Guillen into pinch run for Crede. Too bad we couldn't have Carrie Schuler on the roster as well, she hits about as good as Oney does.

Oney is playing 3rd base. This is on par with Billy Crystal's at bat.

edit: Pat Hughes got it wrong. Pablo "Osuna" is at 3rd. Oney at 2nd.

Some scrub pitcher is about to blow a three run lead in the 10th.

Edited by flavum

QUOTE(flavum @ Mar 22, 2008 -> 06:16 PM)
The boxscore has Bourgeois under Guillen's name, so Hughes may have had it wrong.

Game ended 8-8. Whoopti whoop.

Check it again. Oney was in as the pinch runner, but Bourgeois was the fielder. Its funny that he was drafted at all.

QUOTE(daa84 @ Mar 22, 2008 -> 03:41 PM)
haha ron santo thinks the brewers still have cordero as their closer lol

Boers and Bernstein thought the same thing two days ago. I was yelling at the radio, calling them retarded, like a crazy person.

QUOTE(max power @ Mar 22, 2008 -> 10:16 PM)
Boers and Bernstein thought the same thing two days ago. I was yelling at the radio, calling them retarded, like a crazy person.

Yelling at the radio is like telling the girl in the horror movie, "Don't go in there!"

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Mar 22, 2008 -> 03:38 PM)
I thought Toby Hall would be a lock to improve over last year. Now I'm not so sure. He's stealing money.

I said it in yesterday's game thread... I think its possible that Paul Phillips comes north as the backup C. Not odds-on, but, possible.

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Mar 22, 2008 -> 05:44 PM)
that may be true.. but you have to give the guy credit, he loses his SS job to Cabrera, doesnt b**** about it. Then he is waived.. but brought back. The dude has gone through a lot this spring but has kept it cool and is having one of the best Springs out of all the Sox players. Maybe a 'scare' to lose a starting job has driven a fire under his booteh. Keep the hitting coming Juan... We could use that come April.

How do you know he hasnt b****ed? From what the press said, he had more than 2 tense meetings with Ozzie and management, that doesnt sound like he was calm and collected to me. And you know what kind of player you are getting with Juan, so having a good spring doesnt mean much. He will have a sub .300 obp, barely walk, have huge slumps, and swing off his heels. Its Juan Uribe, not a mystery prospect.