What the hell do I do?

BobDylan

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Mar 28, 2008 -> 02:09 PM)
Just an update... they were so impressed they called me hours later and notified me that they'd be extending an offer.

THIS ROCKS.

I hate you...NOW GO GET ME A JOB!!!

Congrats!!!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Mar 29, 2008 -> 07:27 PM)
Or choose your major wisely

If there is anything this thread has proved, it's that your major is probably worth jack s*** for what one truly wants to do. Not many people seem to be doing what they specialized in through college. Should we all be accountant or business majors? Screw the safe route. I'm not in creative writing for the job. I'm in it because I like it.

QUOTE(BobDylan @ Mar 30, 2008 -> 10:30 AM)
If there is anything this thread has proved, it's that your major is probably worth jack s*** for what one truly wants to do. Not many people seem to be doing what they specialized in through college. Should we all be accountant or business majors? Screw the safe route. I'm not in creative writing for the job. I'm in it because I like it.

Yeah there are tons of people that aren't doing what their major specializes. If anything a degree is just to show you have the work ethic to deal with a job. College can't give you all of the experience you need to succeed at a job.

My major was communications - media studies.

I just landed my second job (spent two years in the first one, you have to)... I do Marketing/Graphic Design.

The key really is interview skills, and also taking the time to teach yourself a few things. If you know how to work specialized programs nothing can stop you...