Reed Johnson

Kyyle23

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 18, 2008 -> 10:15 AM)
It took an above average play to get Johnson out. I thought he had gotten an infield hit but Longoria made a nice grab and Pena made an even better dig at first. That said, was it really a bunt? IFor some reason I thought it was a swinging bunt but I wasn't paying too close of attention to the highlights.

It was a regular ol' bunt. Longoria was playing behind the bag at third and started making a hard charge towards the plate as soon as he saw Johnson start to put the bat up.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ Aug 17, 2008 -> 07:50 PM)
He's looked great in Florida. I'd take him over Swisher and Griffey right now.

Batting average up to .312....he's had clutch hits all year, and has played good defense. I'm waiting for him and Dempster to fade like everyone was telling me would happen.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 17, 2008 -> 02:53 PM)
Batting average up to .312....he's had clutch hits all year, and has played good defense. I'm waiting for him and Dempster to fade like everyone was telling me would happen.

I certainly expected both of them to fade, especially Dempster.

The addition of Edmonds and the resulting platoon helps Johnson stay fresh and get good matchups.

I'm just shocked at Dempster's season. He's been unreal.

Dont let the NL inflated numbers mess with your judgment of players.

Right. Not a single NL player can be a solid contributor to an NL team. That's a law.

His NL numbers are better than Griffey's, and his splits against LHP are sick. If he was on the roster instead of Anderson I doubt Ozzie would be playing Wise over him.

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ Aug 17, 2008 -> 05:13 PM)
Right. Not a single NL player can be a solid contributor to an NL team. That's a law.

His NL numbers are better than Griffey's, and his splits against LHP are sick. If he was on the roster instead of Anderson I doubt Ozzie would be playing Wise over him.

IM saying he was so bad in the AL that he was released. He is definitely a better option than Griffey, but he's not a stud, and isnt a better option that Swish and isnt as good defensively as BA.

That same organization released Frank Thomas, gave huge money to Vernon Wells, ended up trading for Brad Wilkerson and Kevin Mench, and has played David Eckstein as a DH.

He had a down year in 2007, but still smoked LHP, and was great in 2006.