ARI @ CWS, 3/27, 2:05pm CT

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(flavum @ Mar 27, 2008 -> 01:00 PM)
Could be the Sox last game at TEP.

Nick Swisher, CF

Orlando Cabrera, SS

Jim Thome, DH

Paul Konerko, 1B

Jermaine Dye, RF

A.J. Pierzynski, C

Carlos Quentin, LF

Joe Crede, 3B

Juan Uribe, 2B

Nick Masset on the hill.

Other than Uribe v Ozuna, and the exact oder they are in... I think that's the Opening Day lineup.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 27, 2008 -> 01:02 PM)
Other than Uribe v Ozuna, and the exact oder they are in... I think that's the Opening Day lineup.

I like that lineup. I'll like it even better on the days Ramirez is playing second.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 27, 2008 -> 01:02 PM)

Against CC, I hope Thome is dropped in the order. Or better yet, not in the lineup at all.

QUOTE(flavum @ Mar 27, 2008 -> 01:11 PM)
Against CC, I hope Thome is dropped in the order. Or better yet, not in the lineup at all.

I believe that Ozzie has said, against LHP, Thome bats 5th. And I'm sure he will have some off days against them as well, probably moving Dye to DH and putting an extra youngster in the OF. Which seems good to me.

QUOTE(scenario @ Mar 27, 2008 -> 01:23 PM)
BTW - Both the Trib and whitesox.com are listing the start time as 2:05pm central (3:05 eastern)

Correct. The last game in Arizona is always an hour earlier. presumably to give teams an extra hour for wherever they travel for the last few spring games.

Sox fly to Oklahoma City tomorrow morning.

Masset better not be on our Opening Day roster, he can't get anybody out. Keep Wassermann on the team and tough it out with a lack of a long reliever.

Uribe's throw was terrible. A ball went over Swisher's head but I didn't see an "error."

Edited by The Beast

QUOTE(heirdog @ Mar 27, 2008 -> 02:22 PM)
If we DFA Massett, is he a FA and can sign anywhere or does he go through a waiver priority system? And if its waivers, can we still work out a deal with another team?

I'm not sure, but who would want his sorry ass?

Edit: He got out of the inning with surrendering one run in a bases loaded jam.

Edited by The Beast

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Mar 27, 2008 -> 02:32 PM)
Losing Masset wouldn't be a huge loss. He's basically being handed a job he has yet to earn and he still can't do anything with it.

I can see why they gave him the shot - he has some talent, he's out of options... but ultimately, if they decide the team needs a long reliever / sixth starter type guy, probably better to just bring up Haeger or Broadway anyway.

Despite the overall lack of talent in the minor league system, the Charlotte team will have a few decent starting pitchers on it. One or two of them are likely to become something good.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 27, 2008 -> 02:34 PM)
I can see why they gave him the shot - he has some talent, he's out of options... but ultimately, if they decide the team needs a long reliever / sixth starter type guy, probably better to just bring up Haeger or Broadway anyway.

Despite the overall lack of talent in the minor league system, the Charlotte team will have a few decent starting pitchers on it. One or two of them are likely to become something good.

I think KW would rather keep those guys in Charlotte to begin with. Maybe Ohka or maybe scouring the waiver wire.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Mar 27, 2008 -> 02:36 PM)
I think KW would rather keep those guys in Charlotte to begin with. Maybe Ohka or maybe scouring the waiver wire.

That's one school of thought - the guys who could eventually be starters at the major league level (Egbert, Broadway, etc.) might be better off getting in starts at Charlotte than being in the pen in Chicago.