Official How Many Games Will the Sox Win Thread

maggsmaggs

Sox Wins  

131 members have voted

1. 1. How many games with the White Sox win in 2008?

• 70-73
    • 74-77
    • 78-81
    • 82-85
    • 86-89
    • 90-93
    • 94-97
    • 98-100

Pick a range in the poll and put your answer in a reply. We shall see who is the Soxtalk Nostradamus. I will go with 85-77, good enough for a third place finish and 11 games out of first place behind the Tigers and 8 games behind the Indians.

Edited by maggsmaggs

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

81. We will be average and always lingering in 3rd place in the division, flirting with 2nd so we won't make any drastic trades. In fact, we may trade more young players by July with the hope to catapult us to 2nd place but we will end up with a 3rd place finish about 18 back from Detroit and 8 back of Cleveland.

93, because I really think guys in the division like Sheffield, Pudge, and Maggs can have future injuries as they age. Also, with Detroit's horrible bullpen and mostly crap rotation with the exception of Verlander, they can have major problems winning. Offense doesn't win it all. We should be able to get some wins against The Almighty Detroit Tigers if the above injuries should happen.

I was thinking 88 to 90, so I took the 86-89 option.

If 2 of the 3 back end of the rotation actually have decent years, and if this team stays healthy... they have a shot at a playoff spot. But ultimately, I think they'll fall just short of the post-season.

Now, if the rotation sucks, and/or the team has health problems, then they'll be lucky to play .500 baseball.

I'll say 85-77 I really do feel this is a team that can and will surprise and shock some people...if they can find any consistency out of the back end of the rotation, and vasquez can rebound and put up another good year I feel this team can do some special things it's just really unfortunate we play in the toughest division in baseball

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 27, 2008 -> 01:09 PM)
Interesting. Despite the fact that a lot of people on this board have been panick-posting at laughable levels of hyperbole, so far, the poll shows only 2 votes for a record below .500.

Well, you know it's one thing to b**** and complain, and completely another when you have to look at the actual numbers and pick your team to have a crappy season...:)

I think they'll finish with 86-89 wins, but still good enough for 3rd place. I also think that Detroit will not make the playoffs. Their bullpen reminds me of ours last year. Utter crap. They'll win 90-92 games but I think that Seattle and the Halos will win more. With the injuries to Lackey and Escobar, it wouldn't surprise me if Seattle won the AL West. The Angels will still be good enough to make the playoffs though.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 27, 2008 -> 01:09 PM)
Interesting. Despite the fact that a lot of people on this board have been panick-posting at laughable levels of hyperbole, so far, the poll shows only 2 votes for a record below .500.

Its early and a lot of people haven't made their predictions yet. I am curious to see what some people are going to pick, and who won't be willing to post their totals personally.

84. The offense rebounds a fair amount with the Swisher and Cabrera additions, and one of the 3 back end starters comes up with a decent year to complement Mark and Javy (don't ask me which one, just a feeling). I also have a hard time seeing the bullpen being quite as putrid as it was last year. They don't have enough for a huge year without an awful lot of breaks going their way though.

Edited by ZoomSlowik