White Sox 6th in Payroll at $118 Million

RME JICO

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Mar 30, 2008 -> 08:01 AM)
It's something KW had to do to basically revitalize this team.

I think everyone saw last season we had an "aging core". Thome, Konerko, Dye etc. all over 30, Contreras in the rotation etc. So we need some young guys who are on the up-swing, while those guys I mentioned before will be on the down-swing to balance things out. The Swisher acquisition for example.

I guess for me, I'm just a little annoyed that we're not seeing Richar at 2nd, and Fields should argubly be playing 3rd (but he's not for other reasons). So the Sox could be getting even younger (and argubly getting better not worse, but they don't think that), and I think fans get a little dissappointed with those type of excuses.

It is risky, but if the Sox want to jump up the standings, it's the type of thing they need to do.

You want a 2B with a broken rib in the line up?

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Mar 30, 2008 -> 10:01 AM)
It's something KW had to do to basically revitalize this team.

I think everyone saw last season we had an "aging core". Thome, Konerko, Dye etc. all over 30, Contreras in the rotation etc. So we need some young guys who are on the up-swing, while those guys I mentioned before will be on the down-swing to balance things out. The Swisher acquisition for example.

I guess for me, I'm just a little annoyed that we're not seeing Richar at 2nd, and Fields should argubly be playing 3rd (but he's not for other reasons). So the Sox could be getting even younger (and argubly getting better not worse, but they don't think that), and I think fans get a little dissappointed with those type of excuses.

It is risky, but if the Sox want to jump up the standings, it's the type of thing they need to do.

Some debate - we agree on most everything on this! :D I like the mix of young and experienced this year - it is a necessity if the Sox want to avoid a prolonged rebuilding. I'm getting increasingly worried about Dye (and I'm usually one of his supporters), but I also think we'll see some more youth (Fields, Richar, etc) as the season progresses.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Mar 31, 2008 -> 01:03 AM)
You want a 2B with a broken rib in the line up?

No I don't obviously.

I didn't really word that right. Basically if he was healthy, I still think Uribe would have beaten Richar this spring for a job (because Ozzie said Uribe had the best spring out of ANY player).

And I think Richar could end up being a very capable player for us if he was given the chance to start for a full season.