Heads22

White Sox @ Indians - Opening Day Game Thread

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Mar 31, 2008 -> 11:05 AM)
yeah, it's pouring here in Crystal Lake, I can't imagine that game has much of a chance of going, if it does the outfield will be a disaster, even with Bosard's new field

The game is in Cleveland. Or were you referring to the Cubs game?

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 31, 2008 -> 12:07 PM)

He was quoting tito's comment about mlb stupidly having the Cubs hosting Milwaukee today.

just talked to my buddy in cleveland, right now he said the weathers great 50ish a little sunny, no rain so far...who knows in 3 hours though

GO SOX

get the game in before the rain/snow/tornado/whatever and come out with a win

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 31, 2008 -> 11:07 AM)

cubs game, just the idea that they are playing a team with a retractable roof and they're doing it in Chicago

wow, absolutely the worst called third strike call i've ever seen in my life @ the tigers/royals game, on alex gordon, the ball was outside about 5 inches

QUOTE(joesaiditstrue @ Mar 31, 2008 -> 12:59 PM)
wow, absolutely the worst called third strike call i've ever seen in my life @ the tigers/royals game, on alex gordon, the ball was outside about 5 inches

welcome to the AL renteria...he gone on 3 pitches

edit: damn you beat me to it

Edited by daa84

Miguel Cabrera with the 1st of MANY, MANY errors on the season.

the tigers defense sucks to say the least. their pitchers set a World Series record for errors a couple of years ago and their poor defense continues. Inge would of had that easily.

Does Miggy look like he is in the best shape of his life, as Ozzie said over the offseason?

Does Miggy look like he is in the best shape of his life, as Ozzie said over the offseason?

no, but it is early and difficult to tell.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Mar 31, 2008 -> 01:10 PM)

he looks in better shape, but not like when he first came up....hes still bigger

QUOTE(joesaiditstrue @ Mar 31, 2008 -> 11:59 AM)

I'm OK with that since I have Verlander on my fantasy team. :D

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Mar 31, 2008 -> 12:12 PM)
Cabrera just flew out with two men on. It's official - he's a bust.

Heh. You say that, but, there will be posters here who will not hesitate to call a Sox player a bust after 1 games' results.

Is anyone listening to the KC-Detroit game on MLB audio? I am getting an error and it won't load audio for either team. I have tried in both Firefox and IE.

I am hoping it is just a minor problem and that I can get the Sox game to play the audio.

Edited by BFirebird

Is anyone listening to the KC-Detroit game on MLB audio? I am getting an error and it won't load audio for either team. I have tried in both Firefox and IE.

I am hoping it is just a minor problem and that I can get the Sox game to play the audio.

Did you catch Aquateen Hungerforce, THE MOVIE, last night?! it was both hilarious and awesome.

Cabrera has pressure of being on a team supposed to win, and he's the most expensive reason theyre supposed to win

QUOTE(klaus kinski @ Mar 31, 2008 -> 01:38 PM)
Cabrera has pressure of being on a team supposed to win, and he's the most expensive reason theyre supposed to win

what a gun by jose guillen

In the past 48 hours or so, I've run in to, with no fast forwarding or anything of my own:

The episode of Family Guy where they do karaoke to "Don't Stop Believin'"

"Thunderstruck" coming up on shuffle this morning at the gym.

Yeah, I think I'm ready now.

Any updates on the weather?

QUOTE(Cali @ Mar 31, 2008 -> 01:45 PM)
Any updates on the weather?

whatever will hit cleveland, will probably hit detroit about an hour or so before, and it looks good at the detroit game right now....weather.com says not raining yet and that rain if it comes will come at around 6

anyone watching on mlbtv? i flipped on the KC game on it to see....i like the 1.2 M speed...pretty good stuff, but its not entirely fluid still...maybe my comp can't handle it i dunno