White Sox @ Indians - Opening Day Game Thread

Heads22

So...I just watched the game on dvr without knowing the result beforehand and wow that was a nice screwjob by the umps!

I'm sure that's already been covered somewhere in these 87 pages though so I'll try to stick some of my other thoughts.

I almost just turned it off after the 2nd inning Buehrle implosion but didn't and was glad that I saw a different team than last year's. Who would have guessed if Buehrle got taken out in the 2nd after giving up 7 runs that we would have had a chance (and should have) won this game. Definitely a different mindset with this team and I look forward to watching them fight for some wins this year.

Cabrera and Swisher will be fun to watch.

Masset and Logan looked impressive.

Ramirez needs to shorten his swing but looks very promising.

Umps need to be reprimanded for being in bad position two times and especially for that interference call at second.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(BobDylan @ Mar 31, 2008 -> 06:48 PM)
I doubt Ramirez gets sent down. They're not going to go with one backup MI and three backup OFers. It's going to take Richar or a trade to send Ramirez down.

From what I saw of the guy in spring training, I wouldn't be surprised if he is sent down because he is batting about .100 when Richar is ready to come off of the DL.

Honestly .. The more and more it hits me after this game I get more pissed Crede is still here. It would have been so nice to see Josh Fields in that lineup and see what he would do. Its almost like I feel bad he has to miss out on this because of Crede, its weird but its just games being taken away from him, but "oh go try and hit the fastball and field better in the minors."

I dont know, damn, I havent been here since the end of the game and its still hurtin me

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Mar 31, 2008 -> 07:00 PM)
I want

1. Swish LF

2. O cab SS

3. Thome

4. Kong

5. Dye

6. AJP

7. BA CF

8. Crede 3B

9 A-ram 2B

vs Carmona.

Im not sold on Uribe's phantom ST performance. BA needs to get some early at bats here to see if maybe HE turned it around.

Yup do like that lineup alot there rock, damn these off days after opening day suck alot I'm already dying for Wednesday

QUOTE(JFields27 @ Mar 31, 2008 -> 11:33 PM)
Honestly .. The more and more it hits me after this game I get more pissed Crede is still here. It would have been so nice to see Josh Fields in that lineup and see what he would do. Its almost like I feel bad he has to miss out on this because of Crede, its weird but its just games being taken away from him, but "oh go try and hit the fastball and field better in the minors."

I dont know, damn, I havent been here since the end of the game and its still hurtin me

I agree. I would've liked to see Fields out there, though I don't know if he would've been any more successful against Sabathia than Crede was. I also feel the same way about Brian Anderson starting in CF, and Ozuna starting at 2B.