Who's Ready?

tonyho7476

Jerseys freshly washed...check.

World Series Video watched...check.

Day Off to drink and watch the game...check.

Boston defending champions...check.

Canseco book on steroids about to hit stores...check.

Everyone doubting the Sox have a chance in hell...check.

Let the 2008 Championship season begin.

If anyone want to join me, I'll be at the Village Pub in N Riverside, in my Buerhle Jersey.

Go get it!

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Mar 31, 2008 -> 10:45 AM)
If anyone want to join me, I'll be at the Village Pub in N Riverside, in my Buerhle Jersey.

Still don't know how to spell Buehrle.... check

;) Just giving you a hard time, I'm sure it was a typo.

more than anything...im ready to watch a competitive game that actually means something if we compete and win....since 75% of last year were useless games, its nice to look at the schedule today and see the indians and say "ok, lets get off to a good start, win the series and get a lead on these guys".....thats a good feeling to look at the schedule and actually feel like the games are important

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Mar 31, 2008 -> 09:45 AM)
Jerseys freshly washed...check.

World Series Video watched...check.

Day Off to drink and watch the game...check.

Boston defending champions...check.

Canseco book on steroids about to hit stores...check.

Everyone doubting the Sox have a chance in hell...check.

Let the 2008 Championship season begin.

Go get it!

Get to see your awesome sig again...check

Anyways I'm more than ready to get this season going.

QUOTE(Reddy @ Mar 31, 2008 -> 10:26 AM)
Just happens to be the busiest day of your life... check.

but i did get off work this afternoon to watch. can't wait.

I thought you were going to make a joke about how you are actually not ready but rather you are Reddy

I like words that sound the same

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Mar 31, 2008 -> 12:49 PM)
Study...we'll tell ya what happened.

Such practical advice has no place here. :D

In reality, I'll take a long late lunch break to watch part of the game on Slingbox, but I'll be studying all day.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Mar 31, 2008 -> 10:54 AM)
Ready for the first rain-out due to bad MLB scheduling...check!

:crying

TRIBE OPENER 2008: No snow (we hope) but it might be wet

Brian Dulik | The Chronicle-Telegram

CLEVELAND — There won’t be a repeat of last year at Progressive Field when the Cleveland Indians open their 108th Major League Baseball season today.

There is no snow in the weather forecast, meaning there is no chance of the fluffy white stuff canceling the 3:05 p.m. game against the Chicago White Sox as it did last year.

A rainout, however, is not out of the question, as showers are expected throughout the afternoon.

“I can’t guarantee the weather will be perfect, like we all hoped it would be,” Tribe vice president Bob DiBiasio said. “But I can guarantee that things will work out better than they did last year.”

That’s a promise DiBiasio will have no problem keeping, because the weather was absolutely awful for Cleveland’s 2007 home opener.

A daylong snowstorm turned the then-Jacobs Field into a winter wonderland last April 6, leading to the Indians’ home debut against Seattle being snowed out and an out shy of being an official game.

The rest of Cleveland’s first home series also was wiped out when the snow kept falling, as was the Tribe’s next home set against the Angels when the field became waterlogged as the snow melted.

The latter series was moved to Milwaukee’s Miller Park, where the Indians’ official “home opener” was played April 10 in front of just 19,031 Wisconsin fans. The Tribe posted a 7-6 win over Los Angeles in the game behind ace pitcher C.C. Sabathia, who also will start today’s contest.

Despite that dismal experience, team president Paul Dolan was undeterred and petitioned MLB to allow the Indians to open their 2008 season at home.

The request was granted, meaning for the first time in history, Cleveland will host a regular-season game in the month of March.

“We like to say the home opener is the first real sign of spring in Cleveland, but it does come a little earlier than we’re used to this year,” DiBiasio said. “Even if we do see a little bit of rain, we think all the positives of starting the season at home outweigh the negatives.”

Admittedly, one of the Indians’ main reasons for opening at home was to garner publicity for its rechristened stadium. Mayfield Village-based Progressive Insurance is paying $3.6 million annually through the 2023 season to put its name (and 24,000 company logos) on the facility.

With 2008 also being the Tribe’s 15th year playing on the corner of Carnegie Avenue and Ontario Street, the time was right for a season-opening celebration on the North Coast.

“There have been countless memorable moments at this ballpark since it opened in 1994, and there promise to be many, many more in the years ahead,” DiBiasio said. “We’re excited to start creating new memories under a new name, while also celebrating the franchise’s rich history.”

The longtime club executive joked: “We’re also very happy that our home opener won’t be in Milwaukee this year.”

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Mar 31, 2008 -> 12:27 PM)
That is freaking brilliant is what that is. That is gonna be my avatar as soon as I can get home and put it there

:lolhitting happy to help. I felt that vintage Steve Stone was way more beautiful than current Steve Stone.

:gosox1: