STONEY ROCKS

J-MAN

Listening to the game on radio was awesome!

Stone contributes soo much knowledge of the little things that make baseball fun is amazing.

Looking forward to listening the rest of the season with better results. I am sure some of us will learn a lot of baseball from the broadcasts!

QUOTE(J-MAN @ Apr 1, 2008 -> 11:27 AM)
Listening to the game on radio was awesome!

Stone contributes soo much knowledge of the little things that make baseball fun is amazing.

Looking forward to listening the rest of the season with better results. I am sure some of us will learn a lot of baseball from the broadcasts!

As I said yesterday:

TV + MUTE + Radio Play-By-Play = AWESOME!

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Apr 1, 2008 -> 11:27 AM)
As I said yesterday:

Brings me back to the days of Wayne Larrivee and Hub Arkush on Bears radio. One of the biggest mistakes ever made was letting Larrivee go to the Pack.

/hijack

QUOTE(DonnyDevito @ Apr 1, 2008 -> 11:02 AM)
Worse than Hawk...LOL in what way?

Farmer's a good color commentator. As an play-by-play guy, he's mediocre. "Sucks" is a term reserved for people like Chris Singleton.

Agreed about Stoney, though. He's probably the best color guy in baseball.

QUOTE(CanOfCorn @ Apr 1, 2008 -> 01:08 PM)
Brings me back to the days of Wayne Larrivee and Hub Arkush on Bears radio. One of the biggest mistakes ever made was letting Larrivee go to the Pack.

/hijack

yes. that was unfortunate. wayne is the best football guy i've ever heard. but i've grown fond of joniak. i'd like to see him replace farmer.

QUOTE(CanOfCorn @ Apr 1, 2008 -> 01:08 PM)

/hijack

Agreed.Larrivee will be considered as one of the best of our time when it is all said and done.

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Apr 1, 2008 -> 11:27 AM)
As I said yesterday:

I'm totally envious. As an out-of-towner I do have XM, but it is not synched up with the TV broadcast, therefore I am forced to endure Hawk and DJ. How many years till Hawk retires?

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Apr 1, 2008 -> 11:51 AM)
I didn't hear any of it yesterday, but less farmer is always better.

Farmer is absolutely terrible. I hate his opinions his delivery and the fact that he acts like he was a great player once upon a time.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Apr 1, 2008 -> 06:19 PM)
Farmer is absolutely terrible. I hate his opinions his delivery and the fact that he acts like he was a great player once upon a time.

Exactly.

His monotonous voice is NOT made for play by play and barely color.

QUOTE(FlaCWS @ Apr 1, 2008 -> 04:11 PM)
I'm totally envious. As an out-of-towner I do have XM, but it is not synched up with the TV broadcast, therefore I am forced to endure Hawk and DJ. How many years till Hawk retires?

XM-related question for those with the satellite radio... Can you listen to MLB games online? My wife uses the XM radio in the car (she travels alot for work), and at the end of last season, I couldn't seem to find MLB games on the list of channels you can listen to on XM's website. It appears that I'll have to buy a second radio to use at home.

QUOTE(Disco72 @ Apr 2, 2008 -> 09:23 AM)
XM-related question for those with the satellite radio... Can you listen to MLB games online? My wife uses the XM radio in the car (she travels alot for work), and at the end of last season, I couldn't seem to find MLB games on the list of channels you can listen to on XM's website. It appears that I'll have to buy a second radio to use at home.

You can buy a full-season radio pass on mlb.com for like $15. It covers all games for all teams, and there are no blackouts. I do it every year so I can listen to games while downtown at work, because radio reception here is awful.

I don't think you can get games on XM for this reason.

Edited by almagest

QUOTE(almagest @ Apr 2, 2008 -> 11:29 AM)
You can buy a full-season radio pass on mlb.com for like $15. It covers all games for all teams, and there are no blackouts. I do it every year so I can listen to games while downtown at work, because radio reception here is awful.

I don't think you can get games on XM for this reason.

Thanks! I've done the mlb.com audio before, but hoped that with XM (audio) and slingbox (video), I'd have everything I need for full online Sox-ticity.