May a curse be on your house, oh tribe of Cleveland!

knightni

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 2, 2008 -> 11:54 AM)
I'll second the notion that I don't like these ridiculous titles for the game threads.

I didn't mind it for spring training games.

One HUGE plus, for me, is the inclusion of what channel the game will be on. I hope all game threads provide that information along with the time, pitching matchups and lineup because I usually come on here for info before a game.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Apr 2, 2008 -> 01:47 PM)
I've been debating whether or not I should say something here. But I'm going to. Knightni, I understand the spirit behind your thread title. They are the Cleveland Indians, and we don't like these guys. I got it. But, considering what smallpox laden blankets did the native American population, this thread title does not meet the standards that I've come to expect here at Soxtalk.

I really think the Soxtalk powers that be should give this some thought.

Okay, I'm done. I've had my say.

Politically correct always wins in this day and age. Plus it's just plain right in this case

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Apr 2, 2008 -> 01:55 PM)
I didn't mind it for spring training games.

One HUGE plus, for me, is the inclusion of what channel the game will be on. I hope all game threads provide that information along with the time, pitching matchups and lineup because I usually come on here for info before a game.

I was always liked this title...

Official Game Thread 04/02/08 - Tribe vs Sox, 6:05, WCIU

Carmona (0-0, -.-- ERA) vs Vazquez (0-0, -.-- ERA)

If peeps wanted to make other comments smart ass or otherwise...then they would go in the post....

Vazquez posted a 2-1 record with a 3.06 ERA against the Indians last year. He led all White Sox starters in wins, strikeouts and innings pitched and is looking to prove he's worth the 3 year extension he received late last year.

Carmona busted on the scene with a 19-8 record and a 3.06 ERA in 32 starts. He's out to show he can be consistent in his sophmore year and beginners luck had nothing to do with last years dominance.

Go Sox... :gosox3:

QUOTE(Felix @ Apr 2, 2008 -> 02:11 PM)
Lets rock them.

yes to get back on topic...I would really like to send a message these next two games. If the Sox can take them, it would get it in the Tribe's minds that they actually had a real good chance of getting swept. Which I think would be beneficial the next time we played.

QUOTE(soxfn4life @ Apr 2, 2008 -> 01:48 PM)
Todays Lineup

Ozuna, 2B; Cabrera, SS; Thome, DH; PK, 1B; Swisher, LF; Dye, RF; AJ, C; Crede, 3B; Ramirez, CF. Javy pitching.

Got it from an MLB blog, dont know how accurate.

That's the lineup from March 26th not today.

QUOTE(soxfn4life @ Apr 2, 2008 -> 02:48 PM)
Todays Lineup

Ozuna, 2B; Cabrera, SS; Thome, DH; PK, 1B; Swisher, LF; Dye, RF; AJ, C; Crede, 3B; Ramirez, CF. Javy pitching.

Got it from an MLB blog, dont know how accurate.

I certainly like that lineup better than our opening day one, although I wish Anderson was in CF and Alexi at 2nd. At least we wont have to watch Uribe strike out 3 more times tonight.

Lets get that first "W" tonight!

:gosox4:

I just don't get Swisher batting 5th... he should hit 3rd, Thome 5th... that's what conventional wisdom says.

Either way, go get em!

On a side note, some peers and myself will be taking the game in at Dick's River Roadhouse tonight, if anyone's bored.

QUOTE(ChiSox35 @ Apr 2, 2008 -> 03:00 PM)
southsidehawkeye sez:

"at least we wont have to watch Uribe strike out 3 more times tonight"

...or hit a double...

haha, very true. I think I just have lost a lot of faith in Uribe's offense over the last year or two. Its gonna take more than one double for him to get it back. I want more hitters that put the bat on the ball more than once a game.

So, let me just see if I understand this. We're carrying 2 backup OF's right now in Anderson and Quentin. And yet...we keep putting a guy who's probably behind both of them with the bat and who should legit be an infielder on this team for the future in the OF, because? We don't like having backup IF's?

Maybe we'll get the Sunday lineup tomorrow and see Quentin and Anderson.

QUOTE(JorgeFabregas @ Apr 2, 2008 -> 02:10 PM)
Scott Reifert's blog has been updated and says

Lineup: Swisher, CF; Cabrera, SS; Thome, DH; PK, 1B; Dye, RF; AJ, C; Ramirez, CF; Crede, 3B; Uribe, 2B. Vazquez pitching.

Yes, it has both Swisher and Ramirez playing CF.

Swisher is in LF. We're getting the same lineup today as we got on Opening Day (except AJ and Ramirez are flipped). Should be fun watching Uribe flail at high fastballs and Ramirez swinging at pitches that are already in the catcher's glove once again.

QUOTE(JorgeFabregas @ Apr 2, 2008 -> 03:10 PM)

Lineup: Swisher, CF; Cabrera, SS; Thome, DH; PK, 1B; Dye, RF; AJ, C; Ramirez, CF; Crede, 3B; Uribe, 2B. Vazquez pitching.

So whats the number of ABs Quentin/Anderson get before Owens comes back. 3 between the 2 of them. Maybe a pinch hit here or there.

QUOTE(JorgeFabregas @ Apr 2, 2008 -> 03:10 PM)

Two Centerfielders is a bold strategy. Maybe Ozzie figured that Ramirez needs some help over there.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Apr 2, 2008 -> 03:37 PM)
He will be out of the starting lineup when Kenny gets him off of the roster. Its the only way.

Hence my long, drawn out complaint that he pulled him off waivers when we could have been rid of him. We're going to see 500+ Uribe at bats this year.

I'm f***ing sick to my stomach.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Apr 2, 2008 -> 03:44 PM)
Hence my long, drawn out complaint that he pulled him off waivers when we could have been rid of him. We're going to see 500+ Uribe at bats this year.

I'm f***ing sick to my stomach.

No you will be sick when he is hitting .227 into August, and Hawk starts a montra on how Uribe can carry a team. He will hit .350 in September to push him to .240.