HuskyCaucasian

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

http://wwwwakeupamericans-spree.blogspot.c...ohn-mccain.html

Rasmussen and CBS Polls: John McCain Convention Bounce Begins, Ties Up Presidential Race Again

Last week Barack Obama received the traditional convention bounce seen throughout the years and the latest polls show that John McCain's convention bounce has begun, effectively bringing the race back to a tie.

Yesterday CBS released their presidential tracking poll, as reported by The Politico, show the expected convention bounce has begun for the McCain campaign, which has brought the race back to the neck and neck status, with each candidate receiving 42 percent.

According to the CBS poll, 12 percent of voters are still undecided and the convention bounce for Obama of 8 points, which had him ahead by 48 percent to 40 percent the week before, had been erased.

CBS polling concluded Wednesday, so it does not include any effect from last nightâ€s speech by Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin.

The Politico report was written before the latest Rasmussen rolling three day poll was released this morning, which confirms the CBS poll's assertion that the previous Democratic bounce is gone.

Rasmussen explains:

Virtually all of the interviews for todayâ€s update were completed before McCainâ€s speech last night. Roughly two-thirds of the interviews were completed before Palinâ€s speech on Wednesday night.

Accurate reflections of the whole Republican Convention bounce will not be seen, according to that explanation from Rasmussen about the timing of the interviews, until Monday at the soonest, perhaps Tuesday, when all speeches, including John McCain's and his vice presidential running mate Sarah Palin's will be inclusive to the results.

Rasmussen shows that Barack Obama has 46 percent while John McCain holds 45 percent.

Rasmussen also shows favorabe ratings, which shows that both McCain and Obama hold a 57 percent favorable rating and when asked about Alaska Governor Sarah Palin, 58 percent gave her a favorable rating with 40 percent being listed as "very favorable."

51 percent of voters believe John McCain made the right choice in choosing Sarah Palin as his running mate while 47 percent believe Barack Obama made the right choice in choosing Joe Biden as his running mate.

Voters are evenly decided as to whether Sarah Palin or Barack Obama has better experience to be the President.

[update] TechCrunch is reporting that according to Google tending data, McCain "quickly gaining ground" in online hits to the websites of the candidates.

Both Obama and Mccain's websites have shown a spike, McCain's since he announced Sarah Palin as his vice presidential running mate and Obama's being credited to his speech.

They also report that Hitwise shows the same tightening in the gap, with Obama still ahead as Mccain gains ground, but neither candidate is comparing to Sarah Palin in the captivation of the web audience.

Even after Palin's initial spike they show that "Palinâ€s search volume is more than double McCainâ€s and Obamaâ€s."

This in no way indicates how people will vote, just the amount of attention the candidates are garnering online.

After last nights speech, Obama fell 3 points on Intrade, and McCain went up 3.7. That is one of the bigger one day movements I have seen in a while. I really don't know how much stock to put into the site in general, but it's an interesting way to get a feel for how others perceive events like last night.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Sep 5, 2008 -> 04:04 PM)
After McCain's speech concluded yesterday I stood and applauded in my basement for five minutes straight, only to stop to whipe tears away from my eyes. God bless you McCain!

what part moved you? The POW, the POW, or the POW? ;)

Geeze. Sqirt and ahb mock the enthusiasm shown by the attendees, but if they just sat there, they would be saying that is evidence that the rank and file just don't care. The people there were oviously excited, and they showed it. Just wondering, did Obama have any fainters during his speech at the convention, or have they stopped that now that the press got ahold of it? Did the Democratic attendees scream, clap and shout, or were they silent?

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Sep 5, 2008 -> 03:53 PM)
Geeze. Sqirt and ahb mock the enthusiasm shown by the attendees, but if they just sat there, they would be saying that is evidence that the rank and file just don't care. The people there were oviously excited, and they showed it. Just wondering, did Obama have any fainters during his speech at the convention, or have they stopped that now that the press got ahold of it? Did the Democratic attendees scream, clap and shout, or were they silent?

The VP pick and convention completely energized the GOP. Of course Obama devotees will not like this turn of events.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Sep 5, 2008 -> 04:28 PM)
what part moved you? The POW, the POW, or the POW? ;)

The "we were elected to change Washington and we let Washington change us" line blew me away. For somebody to admit that at all about his own party was just refreshing to see in my opinion. Even if it's obvious to us, nobody ever admits something like that.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Sep 5, 2008 -> 10:35 PM)
The "we were elected to change Washington and we let Washington change us" line blew me away. For somebody to admit that at all about his own party was just refreshing to see in my opinion. Even if it's obvious to us, nobody ever admits something like that.

"And what are we going to do about it? Promote the exact same policies!"

CHEERS!!!! APPLAUSE!!!

So the members of Heart are pissed that the Republicans are using "Barracuda" in campaign appearances.

Sarah Palin's nickname is Barracuda.

The McCain campaign pays a blanket royalty fee to use ASCAP/BMI licensed music. That gets filtered back to the artists.

Members of Heart are now saying that the money received from the McCain usage of "Barracuda" will at least be partially donated to the Obama campaign.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080906/en_nm/...foyiKDjRq2s0NUE

QUOTE (Rex Kicka** @ Sep 6, 2008 -> 08:53 PM)
So the members of Heart are pissed that the Republicans are using "Barracuda" in campaign appearances.

Sarah Palin's nickname is Barracuda.

The McCain campaign pays a blanket royalty fee to use ASCAP/BMI licensed music. That gets filtered back to the artists.

Members of Heart are now saying that the money received from the McCain usage of "Barracuda" will at least be partially donated to the Obama campaign.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080906/en_nm/...foyiKDjRq2s0NUE

And the other half will be on 40 Big Macs. Perhaps all of the money should be used to purchase a treadmill .... hmmm, Ann Wilson?

If the venue's ASCAP fees were paid,they had a legitimate right to use the song, as it is licensed for public performance per ASCAP. I don't know id that was the case in the earlier use of the Jackson Brown song in the McCain teevee add, or in a couple of other instabces. Still, I like Fisher's commentary:

In an e-mail to Reuters, the band's former guitarist, Roger Fisher, said it was a win-win situation. Heart gets publicity and royalties, while the Republicans benefit from "the ingenious placement of a kick-ass song," Fisher said.

But in a subsequent email, Fisher said he strongly endorsed the Democratic ticket, and would donate a portion of royalties he receives from the Republicans' airing of "Barracuda" to the campaign of Sen. Barack Obama.

"With my contribution to Obama's campaign, the Republicans are now supporting Obama," he said.

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Sep 7, 2008 -> 09:51 AM)
If the venue's ASCAP fees were paid,they had a legitimate right to use the song, as it is licensed for public performance per ASCAP. I don't know id that was the case in the earlier use of the Jackson Brown song in the McCain teevee add, or in a couple of other instabces. Still, I like Fisher's commentary:

:lol:

It's a nice play, actually.

Obama registers 49,000 news Virginians

With time running out on its push to register thousands of new voters in Virginia, the Obama campaign is picking up the pace. State election officials told the campaign Friday that 49,000 new voters signed up in August, a sharp increase from the 36,500 who signed up in July and the 28,000 who registered in June.

The campaign had predicted that its August numbers could lag given the difficulty of reaching residents during vacation season. But the August gain puts the Obama campaign very much on track toward its goal of signing up 150,000 new voters by the early October voter registration deadline, on top of the 142,000 new voters who registered during primary season.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Sep 7, 2008 -> 10:01 AM)

http://www.audacityofhypocrisy.com/2008/07...ud-in-virginia/

As an aside, ACORN has been caught filing bogus names MANY times in many states. How are they still able to get all these government grants for voter registration, and when will someone higher up the organization be put in jail?

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/20...n-pulls-ah.html

McCain Pulls Ahead in Gallup

September 07, 2008 9:41 PM

Not the daily tracking poll, the actual Gallup poll, has Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., pulling ahead of Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill.

The numbers among registered voters are 50 percent to 46 percent -- and 54 percent to 44 percent among likely voters.

Obama's campaign always said before the American people made their final decision about him, the Democrat would be judged on three things -- the VP pick, the convention, and the debates. Now two of the three have gone down, and the American people have liked McCain's stuff better.

This could affect some Jewish votes in Florida:

Former New York Mayor Ed Koch, who endorsed and worked for George W. Bush in 2004, is endorsing Obama today, NY1 first reported.

I asked Koch just now what prompted the move.

"The designation of Palin to be vice president," he said. "She's scary."

LINK