Gavin "Pretty Boy" Floyd vs. D-Train, Going for three!

TitoMB345

QUOTE(MurcieOne @ Apr 5, 2008 -> 09:11 AM)
Toby Hall is starting.... yikes.

I can't imagine too many Sox have seen Willis yet, and that worries me.

f*** THE TIGERS ANYWAY

We faced Willis was it last year or the year before and we hit him very well, he lasted an inning against us.

Willis is nothing special we should be fine, he only has about 3 pitches.

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(chimpy2121 @ Apr 5, 2008 -> 09:41 AM)
Well maybe this is some good news...90% chance of rain at 3 in the ATL, 70% at 4, and 50% at 5 and 6. Maybe it'll get delayed or postponed and we'll see the Sox.

I got the Dodgers-Padres so there is no chance that will get rained out. Plus its a later game start. I just wish Fox would utilize things like FX which have pure s*** on during Saturdays and play the other MLB games on there (it doesn't cost anymore, infact, I think you could make a case that it is better for them since they already have the A game in the region on Fox but open it up for other people on the FX network (so as a whole by doing this you'd probably up FX's Saturday rating and keep Fox's rating steady).

QUOTE(chimpy2121 @ Apr 5, 2008 -> 12:41 PM)
Well maybe this is some good news...90% chance of rain at 3 in the ATL, 70% at 4, and 50% at 5 and 6. Maybe it'll get delayed or postponed and we'll see the Sox.

It's been raining here all day today and most of yesterday. I also hope the ATL game is postponed, but I'm sure they'd show something other than the Sox even if it is postponed. There just aren't any AL fans around here.

QUOTE(Disco72 @ Apr 5, 2008 -> 01:24 PM)
It's been raining here all day today and most of yesterday. I also hope the ATL game is postponed, but I'm sure they'd show something other than the Sox even if it is postponed. There just aren't any AL fans around here.

True, but I think there are only three Fox games and we're the number 2 and the West Coast game is the number 3. Who knows, hopefully we get lucky.

QUOTE(joesaiditstrue @ Apr 5, 2008 -> 02:25 AM)
simply put, if gavin doesn't fall behind every single batter like he did all spring training, he should be fine and allow our hitters a chance to win the game

he can't be all over the place, throwing his curve ball 5 feet in front of home plate, or throwing the ball to the back stop, or missing the strikezone completely with his (90mph) fastball

seriously, just throw strikes gavin.

So, basically you dont like Gavin?

His fastball is not 90 mph.

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Apr 5, 2008 -> 12:11 PM)
Why oh Why is Hall starting over AJ? AJ is one of the hottest hitters right now (albeit, only 4 games), and you take him out? I don't care if hes a catcher, let him ride out the hot streak.

AJ plays the most brutal position in all of baseball and he needs time off, even when he's hot.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Apr 5, 2008 -> 02:10 PM)
I love going over to the tiger boards when they play the Sox - it's always good for a laugh. They just absolutely HATE the Sox.

kitty fans

We hate the Sox, but love the rivalry!

I remember Floyd totally dominating the Tigers last year..how was his spring?

Willis didn't have a good one..at all.

QUOTE(Bonderman38 @ Apr 5, 2008 -> 11:25 AM)

If you listen to Kenny and Ozzie, he had a great spring. If you look at the numbers, he sucked.

QUOTE(Bonderman38 @ Apr 5, 2008 -> 02:25 PM)

The Tiger fans I know on a football board I post on are begrudgingly impressed with the Sox, they think the team is better than I think it is ATM.

AVG HR RBI SB

1. N Swisher, CF .214 0 0 0

2. O Cabrera, SS .188 0 0 1

3. J Thome, DH .188 2 4 0

4. P Konerko, 1B .231 0 2 0

5. J Dye, RF .471 1 2 0

6. C Quentin, LF .333 1 2 0

7. J Crede, 3B .294 1 2 0

8. P Ozuna, 2B - - - -

9. T Hall, C - - - -