THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!

TheBigHurt

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Ironically, the only ones really not doing much of anything at the plate the last few days are Cabrera, Thome, and Konerko... and you know they will hit, this isn't like 2007 when nobody was hitting at all and everyone was pressing. When they do, my god, watch out.

QUOTE(lostfan @ Apr 6, 2008 -> 08:59 PM)
Ironically, the only ones really not doing much of anything at the plate the last few days are Cabrera, Thome, and Konerko... and you know they will hit, this isn't like 2007 when nobody was hitting at all and everyone was pressing. When they do, my god, watch out.

Well, Cabrera and Thome did have arguably the 2 most important hits of the past 2 games.

Carlos Quentin is kicking ass on 2 fronts, he's playing excellent baseball which is helping the team win and he's making it a whole lot harder for Ozzie to fit Owens into the lineup when he gets off the DL. He has my undying love.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 6, 2008 -> 11:05 PM)
Well, Cabrera and Thome did have arguably the 2 most important hits of the past 2 games.

I know, I just mean purely in terms of batting averages. They will pick up. Just about all the other regulars are having sky-high offensive production right now, even Uribe's few hits have come at some pretty opportune times.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Apr 6, 2008 -> 10:07 PM)
I also can't stress how nice it was to get a solid W and not have to use the "Big 3" in Dotel-Linebrink-Jenks. If you can use maybe two of them tomorrow, then have the off day Tuesday, you are in real nice shape for the rest of the week.

Gotta love bullpen effiencency!!!

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Apr 7, 2008 -> 03:07 AM)
I also can't stress how nice it was to get a solid W and not have to use the "Big 3" in Dotel-Linebrink-Jenks. If you can use maybe two of them tomorrow, then have the off day Tuesday, you are in real nice shape for the rest of the week.

What I liked too was from McDougal. He didn't crack in the 9th and satrt giving up big hits. The guy kept battling and won

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Apr 6, 2008 -> 11:10 PM)
I missed his last AB, but Anderson looked good in his first AB too. Swing looked a bit slow, but it was more direct getting to the ball. I wouldn't mind seeing him in the lineup tomorrow too as a pinch hitter, if you catch my drift.

He looked good working the count and getting his bat on the ball, and when he made contact, had Cabrera not made that play and sweet throw across to 1B it could've gone for extra bases.

The second time he looked like he wanted a piece of that rally pie too much and ended up striking out, basically the opposite mental approach from the first AB where he waited for his pitch.

Edited by lostfan

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Apr 6, 2008 -> 11:15 PM)
Nice Sweep. That'll be crazy if the Tigers are still winless when we play in a few days.

with rogers vs. daisuke, bonderman vs. lester and robertson vs. wakefield...its possible...they also could win all three though

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Apr 6, 2008 -> 11:08 PM)
This was a great game to watch on ESP2HD.

five double plays turned by the Sox squished them Tigers

Yea, I bought my HDTV last August and missed most of the season. This year I've added the surround sound. It's a real difference from MLB.TV on my 19" cheapo lcd!

The plays with the bat breaking were awesome, you could see all the splinters flying.

I really hate the broadcast crew but the production on ESPN is usual pretty good in the presentation, which makes a real difference in HD.

Great win tonight and I hope Ozzie doesn't somehow now bench Quentin for that drop. This guy is a player! MB was the man tonight, breaking all kinds of bats. Great movement and control.

Edited by chitownsportsfan