Vazquez (0-1) vs. Blackburn (0-1): HOME OPENER!

TitoMB345

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Apr 7, 2008 -> 06:10 PM)
It's Chris Young. He just signed an extension with Arizona today. Right around 30 million.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Apr 7, 2008 -> 06:11 PM)
Oh that guy... I'd still take Javy over him anyday :)

Luckily we have a CF doing just fine for us so pitching is more important and we don't miss CY as much.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Apr 7, 2008 -> 06:14 PM)
Luckily we have a CF doing just fine for us so pitching is more important and we don't miss CY as much.

I think getting Quentin from Arizona helps take away the loss of Chris Young too, especially since its the same team we gave CY.

QUOTE (SoxFan101 @ Apr 7, 2008 -> 06:30 PM)
I think getting Quentin from Arizona helps take away the loss of Chris Young too, especially since its the same team we gave CY.

I agree.

Went to the game today and it beyond great. Only bad thing is, the place didn't looked sold out at all.

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Apr 7, 2008 -> 08:17 PM)
hmm, looked like a full house on tv

Attendance was around 38,000 (that was announced), but it didn't look like that much. The Cell holds up to 40,500+. I'm not saying it was completely empty, but it wasn't packed. I was able to move from row 19 in section 522 to first row without ever having to move. There were several rows just completely empty.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Apr 7, 2008 -> 09:29 PM)
Attendance was around 38,000 (that was announced), but it didn't look like that much. The Cell holds up to 40,500+. I'm not saying it was completely empty, but it wasn't packed. I was able to move from row 19 in section 522 to first row without ever having to move. There were several rows just completely empty.

38k plus in in fact a sellout. This was a sellout - no tickets available. the reason that you see sellouts typically in the 38 to 39k range is that its paid attendance - some seats are always comped for various reasons.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Apr 7, 2008 -> 09:29 PM)

The lower level concourses were jammed from what I could see. It took a long time to get into the park.